Guest viewing is limited

TKR Back pain post op

Thanks Jockette - I agree it’s either that or the way they manipulated my leg but I was hoping at almost 5 weeks PO it would have gone :(
 
RTKR 20/11/2021
I am 16 weeks post op and have had flank pain left side for the last 10 weeks. Urine tests show no kidney issues and Physio and GP say muscular - it won’t go and is so annoyingly painful.

I’ve been going to physio regularly for sciatic pain that started after my op and Just wondering if anyone else has had flank pain after TKR?

TIA - Cait
 
Hi Cait,
Please notice that we have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. Having your recovery information contained in one place will make it easier for you to reflect back on. It is also helpful for those stopping by to be able to review your history before advising or commenting.
Please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here.

I’m sorry you’re dealing with flank pain and wish I had some advice to offer. I’m wondering if a break from Physio will help? It may be worth a try.
Otherwise, if it’s been awhile since your visit with your Primary Care Physician, you may consider touching base with them again. Wishing you comfort with hopes it eases soon.
@cait1981
 
It seems a little easier this time round Sara61 I must say - a few things are different like no staples - no drain when I woke - robot assist

How do you compare the experience and recovery for robot-assisted vs. not? If, after recovering from this latest surgery you summarize your experience comparing the two I think it would be very very valuable for others considering robot-assisted surgery.
 
Thanks WFD,

Both my TKR were done by the safe surgeon same hospital 5 years apart. The first knee started having issues many years before and I put off surgery as long as I could hear it. I was encouraged to stay in hospital for 10 days until the staples were removed because why not. But I wasn’t prepared for the pain with only one physio session - however looking back it was the best thing I did as several months post op I could go shopping with my daughters for hours with no pain.

My second TKR I was much more prepared even though the pain/injury happened fast and I was on a walker within 6 weeks so scheduled surgery asap. This stay in hospital was 5 days and had physio to the home twice a week for a few weeks - that surgery was robot assist - I don’t think there’s any difference but I do have back pain when I walk for long plus flank pain which is being investigating - still it’s a long recovery so I’m hoping these issues resolve eventually - I’m trying to walk more, eating well to lose 15 kg and doing core strengthening exercises - all the best to you.
 
How do you compare the experience and recovery for robot-assisted vs. not? If, after recovering from this latest surgery you summarize your experience comparing the two I think it would be very very valuable for others considering robot-assisted surgery.
Hi @WFD , I've listened/watched a number of podcasts and YouTube clips on knee replacements and while there's a lot of play up of "robot-assisted" surgery, it seems that the assisted parts of the surgery - cutting away the diseased parts of the femur and tibia - is just a part of (albeit an important one) of the entire procedure. The surgeon does all the incising, the moving of the tendons, muscles, nerves, the aligning of and the fitting/testing of of the components, and putting it all together again.

My RTKR and my soon to be LTKR are/will be Mako robot-assisted ... but the main reason for being upbeat about these is my confidence in my surgeon and the entire support team - pre, during, and after the surgery.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom