THR Atrophy after LTHR 2 yrs ago^

Status
Not open for further replies.

manoa

Country
United States United States
I had THR two years ago with a revision, 2 infections, and two cleanings. I have suffered with walking since. I have Diabetic nerve damage and Neuropathy. Off and on I've had PT with some success, and have been discharged. My leg gives me great pain turning in bed, walking, getting in and out if our vehicle. I'm so frustrated. I was really good couple of months ago with exercise at our gym, but saw little progress. Would pool therapy help? Docs seem to think so... is it possible to combat and rid myself of this atrophy? It's just about unbearable.. any input would be appreciated.

@manoa so sorry you are still suffering this pain. Many of our members do water walking and pool exercises to build strength following THR. These things take time and tons of patience.

Are you taking any meds for the pain? Medication might help you get a bit more mobile.

I had THR two years ago with a revision, 2 infections, and two cleanings
According to your signature, you had your hip done in October 2014 which is only 15 months ago - do you have that date wrong? And the dates of your further surgeries would be very helpful to me.
I was really good couple of months ago with exercise at our gym, but saw little progress.
What kind of PT exercises and exercises at home were you doing? How much and how often?

Can you describe them like these examples ....

Exercises done at home: 3 sessions a day
Heel slides x10 (reps)
Straight leg raises x10
Steps x10

At PT
Squats x5 (reps) x2 (sets)
Wall slides x5 x2
Clamshells X5 x2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online