TKR Arjay’s TKR Recovery

Ask for just modalities to help your swelling, no exercises. Just the effort to get to the office and back is a workout in itself.
 
What you can do is ask him to show you a few exercises and then leave, telling him you'll do them at home. That way you won't be encouraged to go to pain or overwork your knee.
 
Happy One Month Anniversary!
How is recovery going for you? Hopefully you stood your ground in PT and you're enjoying the benefits of gentle movement given time and lots of patience. Let us know how you're progressing next time you stop by. We'd love to read an update. May this holiday season be merry and bright and your New Year one of the best!
@Arjay
 
@zauberflöte I'm curious re your comment about 'poor self-care' post-delivery resulting in incontinence on Lady 1's thread??
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well - almost 3 years later and (in my best Jack Nicholson impersonation:) I'm baaack. With the 'other' knee - my right one, scheduled for replacement next month, 11/4.

I was kind if sailing forth and didn't realize how much I've forgotten about the first go-round. Then I just re-read this thread of mine along with a number of very recents posts and questions and am starting to feel some anxiety. Posting this now as a test as I don't even know if I'm still allowed under the new rules…..
 
Posting this now as a test as I don't even know if I'm still allowed under the new rules…..
Hi, Arjay, Welcome Back. I’m sorry you are having up and down issues with your knee which is making your decision so difficult. And it really is a big decision!

As far as the new rules regarding posting, you are currently a Basic Member, which enables you to only search the forums, and read about other recoveries. You can continue to update your left TKR here in this thread. But having your right knee done will require a new recovery thread for it, and only members of the Insiders Club can start new threads. So, I hope you will choose one of our subscription options to become a member of the Insiders Club. Here are some links for you to check out:
Membership/Insiders Club
Guidelines for Posting

You can also join the Insiders Club easily by clicking on your username and avatar and then selecting MEMBERSHIP in the drop-down menu.

We are a non-profit organization and the small subscription cost goes toward keeping BoneSmart available for everyone.

Best Wishes! :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Arjay I hope you have found the answer you are looking for. Take care jcx
 
Last edited:
Hi Arjay,
I hope you're all prepped for your surgery on Tuesday. It will be here within the blink of an eye and you'll be back home in your recovery nest just as quickly. We'd love to support you on your journey and follow your progress. I hope we'll have the opportunity. Please consider joining us on the healing side.
All the best on the 4th! :thumb:
@Arjay
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom