Guest viewing is limited

TKR April rainbows

Aww, mountains and cooler air. That has to make you feel better than being in heat.

I would not recommend the bike until you can get a full rotation and are comfortable with it. I know you want that to happen now, we all felt that way. But as you've said, with swelling you will not have as much knee movement. Personally, and this is me only voicing an opinion, I think you are over working your knee. Slowing down for a while longer for less swelling might be a good idea. I know you don't want to do that - its just an idea. You can not rush healing, no matter what you do.
 
Enjoy your time in the mountains and have a wonderful holiday weekend!
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
@Peterfox
 
Is it true that you can’t get a ROm much after 3 months or extension
I am at 120with 3 extension
And need more
Not woth PT
Activity during day 3 good stretches a day
Walking 7,000 step average
I have been working really hard
Is this true
 
Is it true that you can’t get a ROm much after 3 months or extension
ROM (both bend and straight) can continue way past the 3 month mark. Mine continued to improve all through my second year and even a bit more in my third year.

I have been working really hard
Working really hard can often increase or maintain swelling, and swelling prevents improvement.

 
I am 14 weeks out. And it seems like I can’t get more of a 120 rotation it swelling and it’s stiff. I’m active during the day. And try to get around on the stationary bike every day for at least 10 minutes. Any suggestions?
 
Are you still elevating and icing plenty?
At your stage I was doing a good walk ( gradually increasing up to 2-3 miles but with a break for coffee in the middle), then some pilates for legs and back. But I would spend quite a lot of the afternoon resting/ icing and also whilst watching TV in the evening I would elevate my leg on a rocking stool.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Back
Top Bottom