thepuckhead
junior member
- Joined
- Dec 12, 2022
- Messages
- 80
- Age
- 56
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Ha - I was crabby about going back to work before I had finished all nine seasons of Falcon Crest. I thought, 'well, now that I'm not so anxiety ridden, I could really use the time to just finish this show instead of watching an ep over lunch like a normal working stiff!Now that my brain isn’t foggy with painkillers, I could have a Stanley Kubrick film festival if I only had one more week without work! Alas, I will have to watch them like a “normal” person—spaced out over time.
Still using the toilet riser. After two surgeries, I would like to burn that thing in a raging bonfire, but when I look at the toilet without it, it looks a long way down!
A few weeks ago, I was in the weight room at the gym and sat down on a chair, proceeded to do some dumbbell stuff. Looked over at another chair and thought, 'geez, that is crazy low! No way could I do that!' And then looked back in the mirror and realized my chair was exactly the same height as the other, LOL. It's just amazing how your perception changes as you heal -
I still have the toilet seat riser, though. See, if I take it off, I have to clean it and then I have to clean the entire toilet again and then the whole bathroom and then....well, tired just thinking about it. Laziness for the win!
You're doing great -


That was a bit much, but my 8-year-old grandson was over. It was supposed to rain and we were going to play board games, but it cleared off unexpectedly and we were on the go instead. Needless to say, I was the “rotten egg” in every challenge of speed. After he left, I spent the evening in a recliner with ice. I feel good today! Whew!
Lucky it’s only 4 hours/day this week. That will give me time to get through email and catch up on project statuses before digging in for real next week.
Somehow the days leading up to this felt endless, yet it also went by quickly.
