Revision THR Another Second Chance

I guess my recovery is still going on, at least that’s what it says on paper and in the BS guides. Supposed to be for about 12 months.

Yesterday, Day 114, I rode my bike 55 miles! No problems with the hip at all! Just quads on both legs were close to failure towards mile 40. I may have to look into changing my fuel during the ride.
Kids are back in school now, that how I could afford 4 hours to ride that distance!

Hope all of my fellow April hippies are coming along!

Happy Friday @inthebeginning
You're scaring me, you are scaring me :yikes:
I want to be happy for you, but I'm worried.
Thanks for updating, stay SAFE and enjoy the weekend!

Last edited:
@Layla Thanks! I am at home on my bike. We have such a wonderful network of recreation trails here in the Denver metro. I didn’t touch one road the whole time! Tons of other bikes and runners.
@Elf1 I have only gone farther once before!

Attachments

• C3464A8B-2896-4150-8698-86C536C54F81.jpeg
    C3464A8B-2896-4150-8698-86C536C54F81.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 184
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
Hope you're enjoying the Summer that is fading quickly.
That's okay though because I love Fall...it's my fave :happydance:
Enjoy the weekend and behave yourself!
@inthebeginning

Well, it’s happened.

Today is 4 months and I almost forgot! Just another day. 10 miles on the bike, mowed the lawn, yada yada yada...I stopped by my PT and cancelled my next appointment. It probably wouldn’t have been my last anyway. I’ve been able to build the strength in my quad on my own. There is absolutely nothing that has me concerned at this time.

I will be forever grateful for all of you here at BS! I just hope I won’t need any of you for a looooong time!
@Layla
@Elf1
@SE Florida
@Mojo333
@59billy
and everybody else!

Now how could we ever forget you?
Glad to hear you're doing well. You're blessed, you're having a great recovery.
Notice I said "having" :heehee: because it's only been four months.
Didn't think you'd make it out of here without a cautionary comment now did ya?
Stay SAFE and enjoy!
@inthebeginning

@inthebeginning it's been interesting watching your recovery, always amazed at the things you've been able to do already. And, your sense of humor always helped brighten the day!

sounding good @inthebeginning ! Don't be a stranger! What a relief for you, though. Especially when initially there was fears of infection :yikes:.

You are going to be ready to go for the Denver winter and snow fall that will keep you busy at the airport.:heehee:

@inthebeginning I always look for your updates but still hold my breath hoping that all is still good with you. And it sure sounds like it is! What a journey this has been and it gives hipsters hope that life really can be good again. The thanks goes to you for sharing your recovery. :friends: Take care buddy and as always, grill & chill!

Since my last visit back on Aug 23rd, I have continued moving and shaking!
Never forgetting any of you. Spending more time chatting with my Cardiac Athletes these days. Also trying to work towards that elusive 100 mile bike ride next month for my 6 month anniversary! :shocked:
Will keep you all posted. Have a great early fall. Still touching the 90's out here in Colorado, although today might be it. We actually hit 100 on Labor Day, first time ever 100 degrees in Denver in September.

Moving and shaking, :happyfeet: that be you.
Sounds like your doing well. Your 100 mi bike ride is a lofty goal, but won't surprise me if you accomplish it.
Those are some high temps you're dealing with, we're starting to cool off here and the leaves are beginning to change. Fall is my fave so I'm happy to see it. Stay safe and keep in touch!
@inthebeginning

Just had my 6 month check-up. All is well, “see you at the one year mark.”
Since my revision in April, I was cleared to get back on my bike in early June. Since then, I have logged 650 miles riding my bike!
:biking:
In other news, where is the Tapatalk Bonesmart forum? Can’t seem to find it.

@inthebeginning so good to hear your 6 Month check up went well and know you're happy to be cleared to get back on the bike again. Wow, sounds like an awful lot of miles, please be safe.

I know they just updated the software on the forum a while back, not sure if that affected the Tapatalk part of not. Hopefully someone a little more in the know will be able to answer that. Don't forget to stop by and check in occasionally!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
ND522
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom