Guest viewing is limited

TKR And the Marathon Begins<<

Pressed post too soon. Lol. He has me only do 2 exercises, one quad strengthening the other short arc raises. The other TKR bends more than me so they have her do other ones that I know I can’t do yet.
 
@Pookie What did you decide to do about doing off Norco? What are you trying to switch to? I got down to 2 pills a day of Percocet for 2 days then just switched over to Tramadol. I think everything is fine. Not feeling bad or anything. Seems I only really need it at night and in the morning then Tylenol during the day.

Darn spitting stitches! I have 2. The nurse at my Drs office said to pull it :yikes: or cut it :thud: or she will look at it and do one of those 2 things. I figure she's the one that has the experience so I'll go ahead and let her do it:yahoo: Gives me a good excuse to go to the "big town" 40 minutes away to do some shopping, too.
 
Darn spitting stitches! I have 2. The nurse at my Drs office said to pull it :yikes: or cut it :thud: or she will look at it and do one of those 2 things. I figure she's the one that has the experience so I'll go ahead and let her do it
Bad advice from that nurse! Let her do it.
Don't you go doing anything to those stitches. They need to be cut with sterile scissors, not cut at home.
 
Went to drs so the nurse could fish out that spitting stitch. Turned out I had 4 and she just tweezered them out! I was holding my breath though waiting for a knot to catch under the skin. Nothing of the sort happened. Easy Peasy. PT says my incision looks great!
 
@Pookie how long were you on Percocet before going off? And did you go off slowly or just switch to Norco? I know we all react differently on different meds but Norco makes me waaaay more “drugged up” than Percocet. The only thing perc does to me is pain control. No sleepiness and apparent impairments. So, to answer your question: I haven’t switched yet! It was my plan until I totally overdid it yesterday. So I’m not giving it up today. Then I’ll have to taper off it again before switching. Geesh. One day of activities messed me up for prob a week. Lol. Live and learn.

Norco affects me the opposite way! I’ve had to keep w the Percocet for now, while I’m off work, anyways. I’m down to 3 a day, unless I’m having a particularly active day, then I might take 4 doses. I will most definitely be doing a taper, unless I switch over to Norco. Honestly, I’m just so grateful my OS gives me what I need to effectively manage the pain/discomfort. Some of the horror stories I’ve read here make me so sad. I hope you’re doing well!!!
 
Last day of school was yesterday. My 4 second grade level teaching friends came to my house for my famous margaritas! I treated them all to a couple good ones, while I drank my fruit smoothie:heehee: I was thinking what is good for you emotionally, like having my great friends over, is bad for you physically, as I was exhausted after they left. And what it good for you physically, icing and elevating, is not so good for you emotionally. Kind of ironic. But I guess as long as we know it and expect it then we can try and do a little of both. It was so good for me to hear all about the end of school stuff and how my "kids" told my teacher friends to give me hugs. So sweet.
 
What a nice thing for your fellow teachers to do! I know it was a real treat for all, especially your margaritas!
 
Nervously waiting to get called back for 6 week appointment with OS. This is the one where I’m supposed to show off my Willy Wonka walk and bend. Such pressure!!! Hope I can do the dismount somersault correctly. Ha ha ha wish me luck please!!!!
 
Don't be nervous about your 6 week check-up. Your knee is healing at it's own pace and as long as you are following the activity progression listed here at Bonesmart and not overdoing things that stress your knee, your knee is at the right place for you. Every knee heals differently; some are faster than others and some are slower. The goal is to allow your knee it's own pace to heal, not a pace the doctor decides is acceptable. 6 weeks isn't a good indicator of the end result, IMHO. Some people at 6 weeks have lower ROM than others, yet at one year still have great results. Doctors shouldn't put pressure on their patients if their ROM isn't at a specific point by 6 weeks as long as the patient is moving around enough. Just relax, keep up your ADLs, the elevating and icing, and be patient-this is a year long process and you're still at the very beginning.
 
Any chance we can get a video of that? :snork: Let us know how your appointment goes. Chances are your doctor will be pleased with your progress so far. Crossing my fingers for that!
 
Thanks for the encouraging words. Glad I have you all!! Really, I am! My appointment started out with me eavesdropping while my doctor encouraged an elderly man with a 6 week old TKR said to keep walking to build strength so he wouldn’t need a cane. Said it takes 6 months to feel more normal. Not to worry that he was at 75 ROM. I was so excited to hear all of that. Then he came to me. Asked me to walk for him. I did. I have no assistive devices anymore. Said to straighten it more. Lol. I was! Then the bend ROM. I’m at 90!! You don’t know how happy that made me. Being a slower healer and my old TKR was stuck at 75 for a long time. Didn’t reach 90 till about 4 months. So to be at 90 now made my day, my week! He was negative tho. Said it should be way more. Ride the bike for an hour a day! Sit/stand 30 times 20 times a day! Or maybe he should just take me back to OR and cut out the adhesions. Good thing I was on a super high from hearing the “90” cause I heard him but it was just background noise. Lol. Whatever. I’m doing fine. Glad it’s over but I’m still listening to all you good people. Thank you all for being there for me and supporting me.
 
So to be at 90 now made my day, my week! He was negative tho. Said it should be way more. Ride the bike for an hour a day! Sit/stand 30 times 20 times a day! Or maybe he should just take me back to OR and cut out the adhesions.
Oh, what a party killer! Don't listen to him. You are doing great! If you do what he says, you will cause swelling and pain and will lose bend. I'm glad you're paying no attention to him!
 
Unbelievable.

I’m glad you overheard your dr talk to that other patient and you are able to apply those words to you.

You go, girl, you are doing great! :loveshwr:
 
Your knee is healing really well, so whatever you're doing (or, more likely, NOT doing) is working. I'd ignore his doom and gloom speech and just keep up your routine.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom