ALMOST FIVE MONTHS WITH NEW KNEE

Status
Not open for further replies.
backstreet 110, I hear you. I had my BTKR June 25th so I am just past eight weeks now but everything you are feeling is everything I was feeling also. Nobody prepared me for just how whacked out you can get on painkillers, the nightmares, the paranoia, the emotional rollercoaster that you are on 24/7. It seems like the longest recovery time ever and a whole bunch of conflicting information from many sources on how much to do or not do, when and how much medication to take while you are dealing with some degree of pain almost every waking hour. I think it truly takes much more patience than most of us have to deal with this well. Just venting on this site really helps and seeing that you are not alone in any of what you are feeling. I am hoping that you have that magical breakthrough moment that leads to more wonderful moments that make up the first stage of recovery hurdle.
Shared burdens are much lighter, shared experiences are comforting, shared successes are multiplied. We've gotten this far, the only way to go is forward and through it. I'm thinking of you.
 
Had left knee replaced June, 2014. Long, hard road, but I am here to tell anyone struggling that you will feel better. I walk without my cane, almost completely no limp, that nasty tightness has passed too. Some days I have no limp and I almost forget I have a new knee. I never thought I would be the same!!! I have a bit of trouble with my right knee, and unfortunately, I know I will never do this again . I do understand what all of you are going through. . Just hold on, please. Exercise slowly and gently, that is all you need. I still ice after work sometimes. Get into your own system, and follow it. Don't let anyone push you. I was given that advice here, and it was accurate. Just don't give up. You will wake up one day and say, wow, I feel better!!! Good luck and stay strong!!!!
 
Welcome back :welome:, glad to hear you are doing well after 5 months.:yay:
Thanks for bringing us up to date.
Are you sure you will never have the other knee done, if it gets bad enough you may change your mind. I agree though, I would not want to go through this again.

Recommend if you are limping to use your cane during those times.

It will make it easier for us if you put your surgery date in your signature, just hover over your username, and a drop down menu will appear, click on signature, and add your information there, Thanks!
 
I'm glad to hear you're doing well with that left knee. Actually at 5 months out, I'd say you're doing VERY well. It can actually take a year or more to get to the point where you don't think about your new knee all that much. So congratulations on a great recovery. It will keep getting better!

You may notice that I have merged your two threads. We like to keep our members' recovery posts all in a single thread. That way it's easy for us to go back and read your history before responding to a question or concern. In addition, the thread becomes a journal of your recovery for those who come along later and want to read about you. So, please post in this thread from now on when you want to give an update or ask a question. If you decide you'd like a different thread title at any point, you can change it by using the Thread Tools button at the top right of your screen or just post what you want here and we'll get it changed for you. In addition, it is helpful if you create a signature that includes your surgery date. To do this, mouse hover over your username at the top right of the screen. Choose Create a Signature from the drop down menu.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom