BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Dismiss Notice

[THR] AJinNH’s recovery RTHR

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Recovery Area' started by AJinNH, Mar 18, 2018.

1. AJinNH

AJinNH senior

United States United States
    Hey @Mojo333 you’re looking good! How have you been? Thanks for your support, as always.

I feel so amazing I needed to share my journey, because it does take time and effort. But it’s worth it. A few months ago I couldn’t roll over in bed without excruciating back pain and now it’s gone. I worked hard, and continue to do the work required to maintain a healthy back.

I’ve heard people say that you can’t get rid of OA pain with PT and exercise. Yes you can! My hip needed to be replaced, but the rest of my 64 yo body parts are responding to PT, stretching and exercise and I’m very grateful.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mojo333

Mojo333 FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

:) :-) (:I am also about to embark on some PT for my back..
    Starting Monday:tada:
    What a coincidence and good to know it os helping.
    I feel very safe after 2 years with great new hips!

• Like Like x 2
  3. AJinNH

AJinNH senior

Good luck with your back PT @Mojo333 it works as long as you do all of the stretches and exercises at home too. My stretches can take over a half hour to complete, so I just pick a time when I might be watching TV and lie on the floor and do my stretches. Better than sitting on the sofa. I get to the gym twice a week for the strength training exercises they gave me. If I stick to that routine I know I’m good. If I don’t continue this routine I’d be looking at cortisone shots in my back. No thanks! I’m so much more active now, I hope you have the same results.
    Good luck!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Mojo333

Mojo333 FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

Thanks..
    I do hope I get similar results.
    Isn't particularly helpful that I routinely do a lot of heavy lifting at my job...my SI joint is what annoys me while sitting or laying.
    I know I need to strengthen my core and lose some of the fifteen lbs I've gained since surgery.:unsure:
    Encouraging to hear you've had good results.:happydance:
    Now I'm going to move furniture:shrug:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1