Advice on polar ice machines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Referee54,
For your btkr did you use 1 cuff for each knee or rotate it back and forth between the knees. I am building a question list for our pre op hospital class next week with my bktr sceduled for Sept 14th....
 
I have the Breg Kodiak Polar ice machine, and love it! I found it new on eBay for around $100, but I'm sure there are used ones, too. It stays icy cold for hours.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow!! I have been looking at the polar machines and there are sooooo many and different ones , some the tank is square some are cylinders ? What is the difference? eBay has some used ones for a really good price but I don't know which one to get . Can anyone tell me the difference and does the cold wraps around the knee or only one side? I would really like one that wraps around the knee. Thank you again!
 
Before spending the money, check with the hospital or OS and see if they'll put you in one after surgery. I had a cryo-cuff put on in the OR and it came home with me.


RTKA 8 June 2015
LTKA 14 Sept 2015 (sched)
 
Absolutely check with your doctor and hospital! Mine was included with the surgery and I was told to bring it back to the hospital for the second one.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I have the Breg Kodiak Polar ice machine, and love it! I found it new on eBay for around $100, but I'm sure there are used ones, too. It stays icy cold for hours.
I have not loved these ice "pumps" in the past but the "pump" was manual and so ME. i didn't realize that there were non manual "pump" ones. I also got online and found that for the BTKR peeps (like me) you can get a Y-adapter from the braceshop - part number 0764.

this has me thinking! Thank you Wildflower6!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom