THR A new me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @theweezyone I hope things improve for you cause it isn't a good start. You are at work already, wow!!!! That's so not good. Is it a one off or have you gone back permanently? Thinking of you...Keep us posted...It defo has to get better.....:doggie:
 
the xray did show that I have SEVERE arthritis on the lower left spinal/si area--so I guess we have an answer for pain
Oh @theweezyone , as a person who suffers from this daily I so sympathise with you. After my LTHR I had major back issues. A good PT or (in my case) an osteopath may help. Icing and anti-inflammatories helped me but we are all different.

The good news is all this will ease with time. You do know you are back to work way too early, right? Can't say that is going to help the situation. Please keep us updated!
 
well here I am! LOL--thank you THANK you to all that responded and I am so for not updating sooner--ok--it is 2 weeks today from my operation--I tell you--I had one hell of a time at the beginning--the pain was pretty unbearable--I kept begging for them to give me something--even if it knocked me out for just a bit--so I could get out of that pain/crying/upset/more pain type rollercoaster--it literally took almost 3 days to get to where it was bearable--I talked to doc about that--guess I have a high tolerance for pain meds? who knows--anyway--I am back to work full time--and began Physical therapy last week--had it 2x last week--then again this morning--last week was basically butt squeezes-quad squeezes-etc--today we really worked the abduct type motions and woo did I feel it--BUT I am off the walker completely-have been for about 5 days now--using cane now and then for added stability--but doing very well--SLOWLY walking on my own--PT said he is amazed at how well I am doing--he also is working with me on some exercises for lower SI area--and let me tell you--what a difference--I know it wont cure it--but the stretches he gave me have helped tremendously--so now--I am bionic! LOL have 2 pretty shiny new hips--and I am so very happy! I have been following the Bonesmart Mantra (other than the go right to work) LOL .... j/k--just something I had to do--but I am doing everything slowly--and thinking before I move-etc--so far so good! again--thank you EVERYONE so much for being there for me! :dancy:
 
Wow @theweezyzone I am in awe of you ! I thought I did well getting back to work at 7 weeks !! You take care and try to rest as much as you can. Not that you need my advice !! You are one awesome hippy xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Totally amazing, @theweezyone . BRAVA!!

I went back to work at 3 1/2 weeks, which I subsequently regretted, but as a college instructor I could at least manage for a few hours. But oh, the fatigue! I'm used to working hard, straight through, lots of energy...but since my THR on 11/12/14, I need so much rest!! I live in 6 hour increments--up for 6, down for a couple, up for 6 more, down for a few more...Aren't you knocked out with exhaustion at the end of the day???

Remember to take the BoneSmart mantra very much to heart--and sleep, rest, elevate, and ice every minute you can! And have a very Happy New Year!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom