THR A new and improved Cindy?<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a hard day. Confused by system. More later.

Apparently my hip had collapsed sometime in the past year, and I think I know when...3/4 inch shorter than good one, now a big longer after surgery. Feels strange.
 
Good on you @Cindy99 and welcome to the other side with the rest of us rainbow and other colour hippies! Don't worry about the eye drainage problem, is just flushing out that anaesthetic. May your gestapo nurse go on leave, and the marvellous one arrive by now. :fingersx:
 
Now I'm getting a cold, first sneezing, then sink into my lungs ovenight, now sore throat. Hope they can nip it in the bud. Going to rehab tomorrow...

They took me for one walk yesterday, I refused others because too tired, horrified them by later taking walk by myself! Was getting antsy.

Surgeon stopped by. Saved hip and pics for me. Said was pretty bad.

Trying to figure out how much pain I shoud permit while walking. Any ideas?
 
@Cindy99 I think too much pain no gain. For me I have made the most progress when I listen to my body. I stood my ground with PT yesterday and was able to sleep some today. Me careful walking by yourself. Yikes you are brave. Hope your cold is better.
 
Nurse & I figured out pain meds before walk. With walking & simple bed & chair exercises & sitting up in a normal chair for meals - 60 min - I feel so much better. Get too stiff if in bd too long. Hope you have sorted it out. I too head to rehab tomorrow - it'll be a surprise I guess... Hugs to you my rainbow buddy
 
Trying to figure out how much pain I shoud permit while walking. Any ideas?
Your pain should be managed. If it's not, it will hinder your mobility. At this point, stiffness and maybe "log leg" as we call it. But minimal pain.
 
Because I wasn't clicking well with os pa i got to talk to the np today. we had an instructive talk about pain. she thinks my 5-7 level when walking is ok with 6mg dilaudid every 4 hours for now. however was just given four to see how that does. i do feel better today but still orney.
 
Sorry the PA has no clue. The more controlled the pain the more mobile you will be. Trying to limp around will only get you back in the habit of limping - and it is just not necessary. Sounds like you need to be your own advocate and push for better pain management.
 
Yes it's a fine line that we walk-- it felt so good walking. Glad I had Jaycee's mantra in my head. Thank you Bonesmart! I'm w you @Cindy99 figuring it out w lots of support from fellow hipsters thank you loves!
 
@wcgirl or anyone else, at three days post what would you want/expect pain level to be at? Managed vs unmanaged?
 
I feel like a a really bad patient. the onlyway i'm comfortable is in bed on my side. Then back is toward door. Got VERY tired of people talking to my back. Put up sign at door saying "eye contact please." Make them walk around and introduce themself, they don't like that! Too many staff, can't remember them.
 
My pain levels reached high levels at that stage told nurses got oromorph. Itsok pain gets high ask for help. As for staff talking to back ask them to walk round. They are being rude. Try to sleep
 
@Cindy99 sending the best thoughts for a nice person to walk into your room. You have a tough go of it. Make sure your pain is managed. The only way to make progress. I will be two weeks posterior left hip tomorrow. Hang in there.
 
@Cindy99 sending the best thoughts for a nice person to walk into your room. You have a tough go of it. Make sure your pain is managed. The only way to make progress. I will be two weeks posterior left hip tomorrow. Hang in there.
don't know what 'managed' means. tthey keep twlking about 'tolerate.'. i can tolerate alot of pain but should i be?
 
No you shouldnt. High pain no sleep, sleep equals healing

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Cindy99 If you wait until you are a 7 your pain relief will be a 5. Be proactive and on top. Everyone is different and they should be willing to find the correct mix of medicine for you to rest and heal. I tried several things before finding something. I have since changed that drug. It is a process. Having nausa? That is different med. Take stock and ask them what options do you have. Hope you can get some relief.
 
I usually have #1 pain or none in bed w Delaidin 4mg when I 1st arrived every 3-4 hours with 3 Tylenol every 8-9 hours. I would drop to 2mg Delaudin at nap time & evenings. Back up when I would be moving around & exercising. I told them I wanted 4 mg to stay ahead of pain w all the moving around today when I head to rehab. Hope that helps. I did ask each person their name & how long they worked here. So many have been here over 15yrs! Also they kept up a whiteboard w rm # and tel # & updated staff for the day. I have to say things are constantly changing - had a slight fever last nite & staff right on it. I do go on but want to be clear. Prunes & oatmeal w tea for breakfast yumm. Hope things are leveling out for you @Cindy99 Hugs!
 
Leaving for rehab shortly. Pooped for three hours last night including one very messy episode. In one day the had given me mirilax, stool softner, prunes, suppository, prune juice, oatmeal. One too many thing! Cleaned me out!

Still weepy, don't like moving targets, need plan. May feel same wy in rehab, don't know.

getting shower shortly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom