First of all, welcome to the forum---and welcome to the highly respected BTKR International Club complete with a super-secret handshake!!!

PT is still incredibly painful. The concern is with my extension which is (cold measurement) at a -9 on left and -7 on right. Yesterday my PT was able to PUSH me to a -5 and -4 but was at about a 9 pain level.
Remember, you are in charge of your recovery---and the PT's work for you---you set the limitations and you tell them what is acceptable and what you will not do---and it seems like you are doing waaaaaay too much! Take it from another BTKR alumnus, these recoveries can be slower than we would like ti to be and longer than we expect it to be---but consider that you have had two bones in each leg amputated---and much pounding of implants into both knees, and you will realize why your knees have sustained tremendous surgical trauma.
Anyway...I'm starting to worry that without another month of this painful therapy I will get "stuck" and never get the extension back to zero without a manipulation (this is per my therapists and surgeon).
Also using heat before stretches at home. Not sure if it helps but the heat feels good too!
Make sure that you heat only the muscles---that can help to warm up the muscles, but do not heat the joints, as that will cause more swelling and stiffness.
I have been so frustrated and having been so active before the surgery...just thought somehow this would be easier.
I was very active, too, and I was, as many of us were, totally unprepared for the length of time that a BTKR recovery can take---but again, when one considers how traumatized the knees were during surgery, one can then see why it will be slower than expected to recover. Patience is needed---in large, mega-doses.
Patience, Grasshopper, Patience!!
And you're doing 4-hour gigs in a band. And you're exercising 6 times a day. I'm betting you are also doing errands and maybe things around the house.
Yep---again, as a BTKR alumnus, I agree---too much, too soon. It took me five months to lose a pesky little limp---six months I was at about 80%-85%, and eight months I was at 90%-95%. You cannot rush this recovery.
He also believes in taking a whole day off every 5 days or so
I went to therapy twice a week---I returned to the classroom after my BTKR at eight weeks, which was much too soon---and you are feeling the same things that I felt.
I took Sundays off---after church, I iced, rested, and elevated all day long. I would also listen more to your knees and fight the urge to exercise everyday---at times. "less is more" and it is not "no pain, no gain, but "no pain, more gain"----you are not training for an athletic activity, but recovering from a very traumatic surgery---let your knees rest and heal.
I will be sending you the DVD of the BTKR World-wide Alumni Club Super Secret Handshake!!!

Rest---Relax, and take it easy---and remember that "less is more" when it comes to a successful TKR or BTKR recovery,
Please take a look at this articles.
TKR: work “smarter” and not “harder”
Lose the Work Ethic While You Are Recovering!
TKRs and our fast food society
TKR recovery and an analogy to athletic training
Life in the slow lane
Where are you in recovery?? (tkr)