Guest viewing is limited

THR 9-10 Month New Issue

Dear all, I am so grateful to this site for the wealth of information and kindness I've found here and this is my second time around. I posted several days ago about my discouragement regarding the pain I was still having at 6+ weeks. Several of you were gracious enough to respond with the suggestion that I take a look at my pain medicine. So, I did and was I ever wrong. I was only taking 675 mgs. of Tylenol occasionally throughout the day when I could no longer stand it. Big mistake! I knew better, but didn't focus on really how long I needed to follow the rule of "staying in front of the pain." At Jamie's suggestion, I have changed and updated my routine to the recommended dosages for both Tylenol and Ibuprofen spaced properly throughout the day. Yesterday I was pain free...what a relief. I will maintain the maximum dosage for now and gradually cut back as recommended. (Delphi, you suggested this in your above note, and I should have listened.) While I posted this already on another thread, Jamie asked me to post it here on my own.

Perhaps it will help someone else with their own pain management.

I do hope my relief is permanent. I'm so ready to get on with my life! It will be seven weeks tomorrow.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Itzdor, it sounds like you are getting everything under control and doing well now. That is fantastic. Keep up the good work but don't rush it!!
 
Granny C, looks like you're a week ahead of me. How are you doing?
 
@Itzdor Well done on getting that pain managed! Keep taking the prescribed dose around the clock. You will know when it is time to start tapering off when you start forgetting doses.
 
Jacey, will do, don't want to slide backwards again. Thanks.
 
@Itzdor, I'm doing very well thank you. My big accomplishment today was getting out of bed on my own in the night to use the bathroom. Yeah!!
 
Haha. That is a great feeling, isn't it? I got my sock on the other day without my sock helper. I was so excited. I haven't been able to do it since but hope it is just around the corner.
Keep up the good work.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Itzdor, glad to hear from you! Very pleased that the change in meds helped you. It's a long old job this recovery. For me, 9 wks out and although a lot better, still very sore sitting down. Want to feel normal again!!
Will keep plugging on. Hope things improve for you too!
Take care,
Diane
 
I had a THR of my right hip, last March. For about a month now, I will get occasional/frequent, quick, sudden, electrical shocks-type zings, deep inside my right buttock. It's always in the same spot, I can't relate it to any movement, it seems to come out of nowhere. It is quick, but ouchy and startling.

Anyone else experience this? Thoughts/comments? Why after so long?

Aside from that, I'm terrific!

Happy New Year to all. Thank you.
 
@Itzdor I had similar zaps and zings 8 or 9 months after my THR. It went on for about a month and then stopped. It's all part of healing, I'm afraid. I'm glad things are going well for you otherwise.

You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Thank you for the replies. It eases my mind to know that some of you have experienced it too. Actually, while I was at the Chiropractor today (I'm having a neck issue,) I was asking him about it and he knew what it was and explained it to me. He worked some of his magic and it's been fine since then so we shall see.

He always talks a lot about muscle memory and getting myself into a viscious cycle. I'm good at anticipating pain, which makes me tense up, thus causing the pain. I'm working on trying to focus on relaxing. It reminds me of the "Lambchop" "song that never ends!"

I was also reading my pre and post surgery posts and am amazed at how much I've forgotten! That's a good thing.

Best wishes and thanks to all.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom