Guest viewing is limited

TKR 8 months post TKR

On reading through your previous posts, it seems that you have always been bothered by this tight band feeling.
It does seem to bother some people more than others, but it is a normal part of recovery, even at 8 months post-op.

Remember that complete recovery from a knee replacement takes a full year, sometimes even longer.
Where your knee is now is not where it's going to end up. There's still plenty of time for improvement.

If, at the end of a year, you are still bothered by this tight band feeling, do go back to your surgeon for an assessment.
 
Thank you for merging my thread. I know I need to be patient. It just gets very discouraging to feel stuck at this same place for the last couple of months. This band that goes around my knee starts at the bottom of my incision and goes to the top of the incision. It doesn’t restrict my rom or really feel stiff. I can bend my knee without restriction. It is about 5-6” around my whole knee. It feels like a stretchy ace bandage going around my knee. My scar is sensitive and itches along the sides of my incision. I use Aveeno lotion on my entire leg. My replacement clunks some with every step. All of these have been ongoing for the 8 months. I’m just not sure what to do. Any suggestions or thoughts would be so helpful.
 
It's not at all unusual for your knee to make noises. It's normal and it happens because, instead of the relatively softer bone and cartilage, you now have hard metal and plastic parts moving over one another.
As long as it doesn't hurt, the noises are nothing to worry about.
Clicking/clunking knee joint after surgery
 
@Kneegg I am 6 months out original Left TKR, and 3 1/2 months out from 2nd surgery on left knee. I completely understand where you are coming from. I am not a very patient person either and just want to get back to life!! I still have pain and very tight band feeling around knee. After 2 sets of xrays and MRI I was told I now have patellar tendonitis. I have tried PT, laser treatments and massage. Was told by surgeon that it just takes time. Rest, ice and elevation is your friend. Now with the tendonitis I get even more rest, ice and elevation. I like you hope this moves along quickly! Stay strong and know that we are all is this together! Sometimes I just need to say it out loud to realize again - it just takes time!

:ice:
 
Back
Top Bottom