TKR 8 months post op - Life is GOOD!

Just checking in to relay my progress since my RTKR Nov. 2019.

I am happy to say that I rarely think about my right leg at all. My leg is still valgus but it does not seem to be an issue. I'd like to thank the Bonesmart moderators who encouraged me to be patient and go easy on my healing knee. I do still have some heat in the knee and possibly some swelling and I will sometimes take Tylenol at night.

It is such a wonderful feeling not having to worry about knee pain all of the time! I have been horseback riding already and I feel confident that I can try skiing again this winter (after six years absence).

To all of you who are discouraged about their slow TKR recovery, I hope that you can see that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Follow the advice on this forum and don't let the doctor's or PT's convince you that painful exercises are necessary for your recovery.

Good luck to all!
 
Back
Top Bottom