Bilateral TKR 79newknees Recovery Thread

A lovely report! Enjoy your outing with your friends.

@CAB just read your posts. I agree with being circumspect about PT. keep up the good recovery! I'll follow your thread.

@Motherbone i think you meant @79newknees here.
Im also following along with your progress 79! Im impressed with your recovery so far...
Those bleeds are as worrying as Motherbones fractured kneed cap.
Keep heeling well girls!

Better each day....today I weeded, pruned, and watered parts of our large steep garden, and dug two holes to accommodate a couple of screening plants along the fence....a bit tired in the legs but otherwise fine. There is a heatwave tomorrow of 37 C, so wanted to get ahead before it heats up! Still find getting up out of a chair a bit painful, and there is a mild tightness around my knees still, but otherwise fine! Next weekend is a big one , five of the family here on Friday night, then a celebratory dinner on Saturday at another daughter's for her 50th and my husbands 90th birthdays.I am told there will be a roasted sucking pig! (Poor thing!):wave:

Week 13 and things have changed (for the better ) .....have normal days activity now, except I haven't tried using my foot on the spade yet, so have to stick with the mattock! Suddenly the swelling I have in the left foot at the end of the day, has lessened dramatically, and I can sit for extended periods without feeling I should elevate my legs! The othergreat thing is that I am sleeping normally again, without resorting to Normison! I can cross legs comfortably, and the bend seems great!I tried cutting out the Mobic last week, but found it too painful at the moment, will give it another go in a week or two. Now I take two Panadol Osteo x2 daily, and one Mobic. I can't wait to stop all painkillers! :yahoo:

You are able to do things that I can’t. You’re doing great!!!

Happy Thanksgiving @79newknees !

I’m approaching 4 months on the 25th and also am doing great. No pain, some occasionally tightness in my left. Finishing up PT at the end of the December (taking full advantage of insurance benefit).

I hope, that even with some of your setbacks, you still feel this is the best thing we could have done for our selves!

Isn’t it amazing what we can do now?

• Agree
Reactions: CAB
Yes it is the best thing! I can do so much more, and have very little pain, mainly when I stand after sitting for several hours in the evening...I quite often forget all about them!xx

Week 16 post op.
A new milestone this morning....I can stand and put on my undies and trousers! The lavatory surround has been abandoned, so everything more or less back to normal, only so much better! Still have a bit of swelling in left foot at the end of the day, but getting better. Looking forward to our grandson conducting his orchestra tomorrow night, with guest pianist Simon Tedeschi.....what a thrill. I am so pleased with the outcome of my knee adventure!:loveshwr:

A new milestone this morning....I can stand and put on my undies and trousers
How good is that!?
I managed that over the last week or so.
I know people looked at me funny when i celebrated that milestone! :heehee:
The toilet...i have managed but it still hurts!

One more rehab session for me. I could do with a few more but think ill do what is needed with my gym instructor he knows whats what.
Enjoy your grandsons performance tonight.
Btw are you off painkillers yet?

Last edited:
@CAB....I take Panadol Osteo twice a day, and Mobic 7.5mg daily, but sometimes forget!

Well it is now past the five month mark, and all going well. Some minor "clunking" when I first get up in the mornings, and minor pain descending stairs and getting up from low chair, but otherwise excellent.I can now do heaps more than before in my steep garden! I hope my journey has been encouraging to the "older" reciepents of knees! So glad I took the plunge, not that I had any other option, if I wished to remain active!

Attachments

• IMG_2638.JPG
    IMG_2638.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 317
It is great to hear how well you are doing!You are one of the younger older person I know! My knee is going on three years out and it still clunks, so hearing clunking is nothing unusual.

Well nearly a year since I had new knees.I must say it has been a great success!
I do find I have to take half a Mobic (anti inflammatory) each day, but it might be that I am old and rather stiff without it, though my knees are ship shape! I hav just had my 80 th Birthday, so I am not complaining, and I hope this is encouraging for all the older folk contemplating knee replacement.....just do it!:loll::dancy:

Happy Birthday and I’m so happy you’ve such a successful outcome!

Super! :egypdance:Thanks for the update!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
kneequery
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom