Guest viewing is limited

PKR 6 weeks in, SOOO frustrated!!

Polka dot...Thank you, that's a great idea, I'm going to try it, my poor knee hates anything touching it, plus because my nerves on left side so heightened, my leg tends to react huge to sheets, feels more like a lion just took a big lick on my knee, scraped hard...I have to go to town n morning will stop at store and see what they have! Your about two months ahead of me, Is it getting any easier yet?
 
Hi Firewolf, holy ****, I just looked stall the surgeries you have had, geez, your name should be Bionicwolf
What a warrior you are, you know the ropes well.
I recall when in hospital they had me use a bedpan at first, first time, kind of embarrassed, but after that first time, I got very professional at it fast...wish I still had that nurse and bedpan lol.
Tomorrow I'm going to take a look around and see if I can find something like that, stockings or tight leggings, not bedpan lol...and Thanks for the Welcome, I have wanted to join for awhile but did not feel worthy being a PKR, but you know what, I'm getting the same pain and problems as a TKR, the doctor was wrong when he said a PKR is a slide in the park compared to a TKR...I would love to see him get one and say that then, sheesh
 
It's been our experience here on BoneSmart that it takes just as long to recover from a PKR as it does from a TKR. I do wish surgeons wouldn't tell people that it's easier. It may be for just a few people, but most people find their recovery is still slow and hard.
My first knee replacement was a PKR and it was my most difficult recovery.
So don't feel you aren't just as brave and just as deserving of help and friendship as all the rest of us. :friends:
We're all here to help you.
 
Hi, I'm another one that had a partial. It's been a very difficult recovery that I was so unprepared for! And, 2 of my friends have had totals since I had my partial and they are doing better than me. I know I've very often read on here not to compare but it's so hard!
 
I'm just a few days behind you and can empathize with your feelings. I have declared that when this ismover, I'm inventing sheets for TKR with a hole for the knee to breathe and made from the softest fabric possible!
I sleep on my back with the operated leg on a regular bed pillow turned lengthwise. It gives me a little elvation and keeps the leg in place. I fold the sheet around my knee so that it is uncovered. You become inventive in this recovery! It is definitely NOT a journey for sissies and no two people ( or knees) experience the recovery the same. Take care of YOU.
 
Back
Top Bottom