TKR 6 months po on TKR and knee is swollen and stiff

Worried there is fluid.
 
Hi, @Condo9 .... you'll notice that I've merged your latest post with your original recovery thread. We need to keep all your concerns about this knee in one thread so we can go back and review your history and give you the best response possible. I've changed the tread title to reflect your latest concern about fluid. If at any time you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

I just read back through your entire thread and can see that you've had quite a time with your knee and some really aggressive therapy early on. I was happy to read that once you stopped with the heavy-handed therapy, things did improve in terms of pain and swelling.

I'm sorry you had the fall on August 3rd, but you know....that happens to a lot of us. Your implant is strong and most of the time there is no damage, even when you fall directly on it.

However...taking a fall can injure a lot of soft tissue and it can take a while for that to get resolved. So....it would be helpful if you outline what has gone on since your fall and describe in a bit more detail what your concern is now.
 
After the fall my knee was stiff, but no pain. During the last week my knee has become swollen and stiff. It feels like a tight band under my knee. The only thing I’ve done differently is make an effort to go up and down stairs normally. Perhaps that is it. I’m concerned because we are leaving for a 2 week cruise. It hasn’t prohibited me from doing the things I want but I plan on doing a lot of walking.
 
I imagine it's the steps that's causing you swelling and stiffness.
 
You aren’t alone. We share the same surgery date and my knee is still swollen and warm too. Still painful. I’m just over it!!! I understand being worried about vacation, I’m taking a short vacation next week and I’m already worried about walking.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom