dvannie
member
Unfortunately I've fired another PT. the Monday went well with no ill effects so I was actually looking forward to the next appt on wed. That appt didn't go as well, I ended up with a lot of swelling and my back in spasms. It took me the next day of icing and elevation to get it somewhat under control. I was determined that today I would not allow the same things to occur and would explain to her that I couldn't have a repeat of the previous appt. unfortunately it went worse and even though I told her to stop, she continued and I almost passed out from the pain. She then measured me and surprise surprise I was going in the wrong direction and had lost over 5 degrees. That's when she offered to take me into one of the rooms and get me to bend and then she would quickly force it the rest of the way. I said no thanks and now I need to make a decision.
The surgeon wanted 90 degrees by the end of next week which quite honestly is not going to happen. He wants to do a MUA. I'm not entirely against it but I'm torn that if I go my own route and pace, what happens if there's something wrong with the replacement that's causing this whole stiff issue. I'm uncertain whether I'll still have his support if I say no to the MUA. I'm so confused about what to do next since there is a window for the MUA between 6-12 weeks, which I'm just entering now.
Diane
The surgeon wanted 90 degrees by the end of next week which quite honestly is not going to happen. He wants to do a MUA. I'm not entirely against it but I'm torn that if I go my own route and pace, what happens if there's something wrong with the replacement that's causing this whole stiff issue. I'm uncertain whether I'll still have his support if I say no to the MUA. I'm so confused about what to do next since there is a window for the MUA between 6-12 weeks, which I'm just entering now.
Diane
Canada
! You've got the right idea! It will work for you. BTW, your surgeon can't fire you. He works for you, not you for him. He is your employee, as is PT. You have the last say so, nobody but you!


