Bilateral THR 5 weeks pain kinda the same as before surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The knife pain I have experienced and do now but only for a second. Also the Balls of my femurs which don"t exist feel like they were hit with hammers. Today is a pretty bad day.

The problem Im having too is remembering exactly what the pain before was like, so its hard for me to tell whats up now.

Always something.

As to your case....what is the treatment for the issue you think you have? Stretches? Exercise? If so, just work on it without the dr knowing....

TD

Last edited by a moderator:
The knife pain I have experienced and do now but only for a second. Also the Balls of my femurs which don"t exist feel like they were hit with hammers. Today is a pretty bad day.

The problem Im having too is remembering exactly what the pain before was like, so its hard for me to tell whats up now.

Always something.

As to your case....what is the treatment for the issue you think you have? Stretches? Exercise? If so, just work on it without the dr knowing....

TD

Iliopsoas. When you look at how deep that sucker is- it is really down in there-
I think it may be the big underlying cause of all my pain. Ever. Before and after both the hip scope in 2015 and this left total hip.
When I ice, it's for this.
Way back into high school- 25 years ago! I would hike with my forest service job, and it would scream at me then. Should have listened!
I will look into this and talk to my pt. There must be answers! Yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iliopsoas. When you look at how deep that sucker is- it is really down in there-
I think it may be the big underlying cause of all my pain. Ever. Before and after both the hip scope in 2015 and this left total hip.
When I ice, it's for this.
Way back into high school- 25 years ago! I would hike with my forest service job, and it would scream at me then. Should have listened!
I will look into this and talk to my pt. There must be answers! Yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

let us know!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart mobile app

I am so sorry you are having a bad day, it is upsetting to say the least. I am not that far along but I would try to go back to what worked before, ice and rest and take some meds even if all you have is Tylenol. Did you do more activities than normal to kick this up? I hope it resolves for your soon.

So sorry to here that, TDennison. It sounds exactly what I have been dealing with the past couple of weeks. I had Anterior THP on my right side fictive weeks ago. Three weeks in, I was doing great. I started back to work (desk job) and I started being awakened in the middle of the night with the exact pain you describe on my left hip/thigh. I'm scheduled to get that one fixed on March 2. I now have the same thing on my right thigh. Sometimes it feels like someone is literally stabbing me in the leg.

It eases up most of the time, but I can still feel it a bit in the background. Every time I lay down I am in fear of the stabbing pain coming back. I'm just hopeful that it goes away in time as I have heard others say. Best of luck to you on yours.

I am so sorry you are having a bad day, it is upsetting to say the least. I am not that far along but I would try to go back to what worked before, ice and rest and take some meds even if all you have is Tylenol. Did you do more activities than normal to kick this up? I hope it resolves for your soon.
extra .33 mile walk

I am 6 weeks in Anterior bilateral hips. I am a cyclist and am looking for someone that recovered, preferably bilateral and preferably anterior, and has gone back to 100 miles per week road bike. And to get their thoughts and observations.

Thank you in advance

T

@TDennison you will notice that I merged the 2 additional threads that you started into your original recovery thread. Please keep all your updates and questions on this thread so that we have your history in one place and can advise you if needed. Thanks!

ok. this is a new question on my old thread..

how long after a non-cemented hip implant is it safe to the bone growth in the implant to have a social cigarette or two. it has been 6 weeks and one day for me. thank you [emoji4]

As you can imagine, we're going to tell you that you've made it this long without smoking, it would be best to continue that program permanently. Smoking is the worst thing you can do that impacts your health (but you've probably heard that before). I think this is a question you should pose to your surgeon or your GP.

I'll tag our forum nurse, @Josephine, to comment as well. She is on vacation but will return to the forum on Monday.

TD.
I do a bit of cycling. I had bi-lat posterior cemented. After 3 months I started on a stationary bike in the gym. Resistance 1 for 5 mins. Very very very gradually increased the time to 15 mins. Unlike you though I was still off work. I then increased the resistance a small amount and when the weather improved I went out on my bike . I've quit now cos I don't want to fall off in the winter so I'm back on the stationary.
As for the cigs....... I, like you was a very occasional smoker but I'm just done with them now. We need to keep our bone density as good as possible now.
Hope the pain improves TD and don't forget at your stage in recovery less is more.
Keep well TD.
Joe......

Last edited by a moderator:
TD.
I do a bit of cycling. I had bi-lat posterior cemented. After 3 months I started on a stationary bike in the gym. Resistance 1 for 5 mins. Very very very gradually increased the time to 15 mins. Unlike you though I was still off work. I then increased the resistance a small amount and when the weather improved I went out on my bike . I've quit now cos I don't want to fall off in the winter so I'm back on the stationary.
As for the cigs....... I, like you was a very occasional smoker but I'm just done with them now. We need to keep our bone density as good as possible now.
Hope the pain improves TD and don't forget at your stage in recovery less is more.
Keep well TD.
Joe......

thanks Joe I think I will.

my thing is [emoji468] ing too. I ve started on stationary as well very slowly. i am so impatient though.

good advise on the nic

strange that you get it on a side not even touched yet???
I know, it's crazy. Surgeon thinks it was caused by overcompensating to cover for the right. Two weeks and I go back under and hope like heck the new hip takes care of it. Scared to death that it won't. I don't want this to be the new normal.

I know, it's crazy. Surgeon thinks it was caused by overcompensating to cover for the right. Two weeks and I go back under and hope like heck the new hip takes care of it. Scared to death that it won't. I don't want this to be the new normal.

ill be praying for you

Just a little update....I am actually in my 8th week recovery not 7th.

A few days ago I took my dog for two walks....the 1st walk my left hip killed deep inside the joint facing lateral, but my right had zero pain, quite an experience. 2nd walk within two hours, (I was so excited I had to do two) my left hip was completely pain free and my right groin yeeeehhhouch ! Anyway it is nice to know that the hips can be pain free.

On a lesser note...I am gluten intolerant, maybe celiacs but Ive never tested....Ive been taking, since the hospital, heavy doses of Alieve and Tylenol (with a break between week 6-7)....and apparently this is horrible for celiacs....my first attack came from a banana out of the blue apparently lecithin mimics gluten in the body if tummy weakened and the alieve and tylenol weakened me....oh man I hadn't had an attack like that in years...4 full days in agony....missed one day of work.

Thats when I did the research and found the NSAID connection....I stopped taking them....Today I felt well enough tummy wise, and an apple skin destroyed me.

I guess Im saying if you have tummy issues and the docs want you on daily tylenol and Alieve maybe talk about it with them...

oh and also...the tylenol and Alieve caused this symptom connected with celiacs where I have the feeling of being filled with water in my upper abdomen in to my mouth which is constantly filled with water (it seems). Again the NSAIDs and celiacs.

I guess thats it sorry for the long text and maybe typos.

TD

Absolutely if a person has any stomach issues they should not be taking any NSAIDs. I'm glad you stopped. I cannot believe your surgeon would prescribe that if he knew of your digestive issues. You did tell him, right? :whistle:

It can take some time to find the balance with walking....how far, what kind of terrain is tolerated, etc. But it sounds like you're doing just fine. When pain results then you know it's time to scale back for a bit. We all overdo it now and then. You just have to listen to your body and respond accordingly. But if you find yourself hurting during any activity, that's the signal to stop for a while.

Absolutely if a person has any stomach issues they should not be taking any NSAIDs. I'm glad you stopped. I cannot believe your surgeon would prescribe that if he knew of your digestive issues. You did tell him, right? :whistle:

It can take some time to find the balance with walking....how far, what kind of terrain is tolerated, etc. But it sounds like you're doing just fine. When pain results then you know it's time to scale back for a bit. We all overdo it now and then. You just have to listen to your body and respond accordingly. But if you find yourself hurting during any activity, that's the signal to stop for a while.
well he knew I was GF, but just about everyone is GF today as it is in fashion. I think he has been desensitized by the fad. I will let him know.

the walks were 1/2 mile each....I know Im a monster

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Denton1224
Recent bookmarks