Guest viewing is limited

TKR 5 months out

The time to start weaning off pain medications is when you find you're forgetting a dose until it's well overdue, and not feeling increased pain as a consequence.
Yes, wean off gradually.. Trying to come of those meds too fast can result in unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
 
Has anyone had any new pain or odd feelings in knee after 10 wks.

Something popped while I bent my knee while laying down. It has been tender and a little burning and stinging in area. Knee feels sore inside.

Is it scar tissue or nerves coming alive again?
 
@Adlen You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Thanks. I couldn't figure out how to find my thread.
 
I'm a little over 16 weeks and have had"new" sensations since about week 8. I'm a member of the"claw" club which refers to the tight grabbing feeling around the knee. My claw has progressed or diminished to unpredictable tightness.
I'm really having a hard time keeping the faith that I will ever be ok.
Anyway, just wanted to share that as far as I know this can go on for a year.
I also had my right knee don't almost 2 years ago and the recovery was very fast. Oh well
Sounds like you are doing well!
 
Ten weeks is still relatively early and some quite minor things can happen. I think you've probably twanged a ligament somewhere. If it doesn't settle down in a couple of days or even gets worse, let me know and we can delve deeper.
 
Sorry I couldnt figure out how to add to my thread.I went back at 12 wks post op.I work for Hobby Lobby part time but Im working extra for holidays.Lots of disconfort in the knee.Im I making a mistake beibg ob my knee this much.?
 
@Adlen
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
am I making a mistake being on my knee this much.?
From what your posted, you would be wise to cut back. Shorter shifts, or a day off between shifts.
Plan on spending most of your time off Resting, Icing, and Elevating through the holidays.

You are still early in this year long+ recovery, your knee still has a lot of healing over the next months.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom