39 more Days...WOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@cbrniner From what I understand, a PKR and a TKR will have the same rate of success during the first 10 years. After that the need for a revision for a PKR is higher than for a TKR.
 
Well just an UPDATE ... Went to the Ortho on the 29th , yes I am bone on Bone but no he didn't want to do a TKR , since I was a new patient he wanted me to "try" a scope with him and see how that goes ....well I wasn't really happy about that and we talked for awhile and I kept explaining that I've had all the band aides and crutches and I didn't want to do anymore , I didn't want to be restricted in my daily life as I am right now and I knew doing another scope or synvisk again would only provide yet another band aide ...so after that and some tears as well he said he will do the TKR , he did say if he was me he would wait , but the nurse told me after he left room to schedule TKR is he always wants "Younger" to wait and proceeded to tell me that the day before one of there surgeries was a TKR on a women same age as me and the conversation prior to the surgery was the same ...So I felt better about that ... So anyway I am scheduled for Sept 8th for my LTKR , I am relieved , nervous and scared now ...LOL

ps is there anyway to change the title of this thread to where I can kind of make this a journey thread .... 39 more days ...wow
 
I am very glad to read that your OS finally gave in and agreed to get your TKR done. More and more OS's are now realizing that it is not the age of the person that is paramount---it is there lifestyle---rather, there issues and dysfunctionality with their lifestyle. If you wait longer, what enjoyment will you have during that time period? Wht joy can you get out of your life---
"Life is to be enjoyed and to be savored---it is not to be merely endured."

You are moving ahead with casting off the lifestyle of pain and restrictions---after you are fully recovered from your TKR, you will be truly amazed ant what you can do---and o it pain free! You will be able to enjoy your life so very much more!
 
@referee54 Thank you for changing the Title ....but that wasn't the title I was going for ..LOL I was just stating I only had 39 more days ...ha ha

I guess if I was going to title it , i would title it "Journey of a 46 year olds LTKR"
 
@cbrniner Once you have your LTKR you will start a thread over on the recovery side to document your recovery. They ask us to only have one recovery thread. But here, on the pre-surgery side you can have as many posts and ask as many questions as you like, each an individual post if you like. Some of us, me included, started our recovery post the night before surgery to get it going and so we didn't have to figure out how to do it in a drugged haze. Good luck to you!
 
33 days to go and I have to admit the "What Ifs" are kicking in ...LOL I'm anxious and nervous
 
@cbrniner Feeling anxious and nervous are pretty common, I think. I'm one week post op today and I can tell you it hasn't been as bad as I imagined it would be. Would I love to get out and walk around the block? Yes! Can I? No! But I know I will be able to eventually and I'll be able to do it pain free. And you will too :) Hang in there!
 
Nervous is normal. I had 7 knee surgeries over a span of almost 15 years before TKR#1 and I never felt nervous. But, knowing about what a TKR involves did get my nerves a bit before my first TKR. I suppose it's just something you have to go through, but once the Rx begins just before surgery, nerves will be gone. Once the big drugs wear off after day 1+, you will have long forgotten your nerves. Gradually, you get to deal with the long, slow recovery. After, you get your life back. Not a bad trade off to deal w/a bit of nerves for a short while.

Best wishes.
 
been awhile since I checked in ...All Pre ops are done and everything has been green lighted for the 8th of September , Insurance approved and now just waiting to do my pre check in at Hospital the Friday before surgery .....now the nerves are kicking in seeing that this is now really finally going to happen
 
Welcome cbrniner I will be joining you September 8th. This is my second. To be honest I am just as nervous as I am also a "what if" person. All the best to you - we got this,right????
 
I'm back to the busy, early part of the school year so in case I don't post again before Sept. 8th: Best wishes. I'm sure you will do well. Take the early recovery easy and keep us posted with a recovery thread.
 
@cbrniner You will be fine. Have you got all the things you nee? shower chair, grab bars, cane, crutches or walker, snacks to take your meds with, loose shorts to wear at the hospital, ice packs, etc? It helps to have everything set before the surgery.
 
Update ** Surgery got moved up to 4th ...I guess insurance didn't like the hospital dr had me at so they moved me to another one ...So now Sept 4th is my date now I'm not prepared and more nervous ..LOL
 
Well, less time to be nervous anyway. :wink: The waiting is hard.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom