TKR 3 months post op tomorrow

So sorry you are experiencing this pain. I had my left TKR 21 September 2022 and I too feel I have gone backwards. I cannot stand or walk or sit with my knee bent for very long. It is very easy to overdo and then I really pay for it. The comments on this thread have helped me also. I need to relax and let the time pass and healing finish. Prayers for all of us.
 
My knee seems to have stiffened more and is more painful at the bend position plus the back of my knee hurts so much when I walk that my gate is off now because of that. I have to limp to the couch to straighten my leg after cooking or cleaning.
I found the my knee tended to stiffen up after being on my feet for any length of time for several months. I would do a little "log leg" walk to the chair. (Is that part of what is going on with you?)

After having been on my feet for a while I'd sit and bend it and maybe massage it a little and it would loosen up. Over time that whole process became quicker and eventually went away.
 
Thanks to everyone! I went for my 12 week checkup yesterday and the Dr said that everything I am experiencing is completely normal.
I’m so relieved. I had unrealistic expectations about this surgery.
I wasn't expecting to still have so much pain at this point.
My surgeon was so reassuring and told me it takes a good year to be completely healed. My ex-rays looked great. I was so afraid that I had developed a lot of scar tissue and that was the reason for my pain but that was not the case.
He also told me I wasn't even close to his only patient that has the same anxiety at this point.
I don't have to go back to see him again until September!
 
My surgeon was so reassuring and told me it takes a good year to be completely healed.
Where have I heard this before? :whistle: Glad you could see your doc and get the reassurance you needed. Onward and upward!
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well and 2023 is off to a good start for you.
Wishing you many blessings in this new year!
Take good care. :) @RBG
 
Starting my 5th month of recovery. Still having problems with extreme soreness after walking, standing, or exercising too much. The back of my knee (where the baker's cyst is) really gets sore if I have much swelling in my knee. I just back off and rest and take it easier until it gets better. I know someday this will end but it cannot come too soon for me. Hope everyone is doing well.
 
My Baker's cyst swells up and is painful even now if I do a lot of walking and/or lifting. Normally, it goes right back down after a night's sleep. Hopefully, yours will go away completely and you won't have to be bothered with it. Don't forget that you can ice the back of your knee, too. This helps me.
 
Thanks to everyone! I went for my 12 week checkup yesterday and the Dr said that everything I am experiencing is completely normal.
I’m so relieved. I had unrealistic expectations about this surgery.
I wasn't expecting to still have so much pain at this point.
My surgeon was so reassuring and told me it takes a good year to be completely healed. My ex-rays looked great. I was so afraid that I had developed a lot of scar tissue and that was the reason for my pain but that was not the case.
He also told me I wasn't even close to his only patient that has the same anxiety at this point.
I don't have to go back to see him again until September!

Hi RBG,

I’m in a similar place as you were when you posted and I’m curious how you are doing now that you are approaching the 1 year post TKR….? I’m about 4.5 months post op and struggling. I was at 120/0 about a month ago and was feeling like I’d turned that corner….then I overdid it like so many of us do and now I’m barely over 100. Lots of stiffness & swelling. Hard to do my PT without further aggravating my knee. I’ve had a busy summer with an out of town family wedding, funeral, and lots of houseguests so I’m sure that’s part of my setback. Just feeling frustrated and worried that I’m not going to get better and this is what my life is going to be….hobbling around and so limited at age 53. Logically I know that lots of people take a year (or more) to heal so I’m trying to stay positive but it’s hard. I hope you are doing well and I’ll be anxious to hear, thank you.

Christie
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom