THR 3 joint replacements within the past 4 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that. I think it's more likely the bursitis.

Actually, I'm a little confused by the PT's diagnosis of "hamstring bursitis" as there actually aren't any bursae around the origin of the hamstrings! :snork: I think he meant tendinitis!
Of course it can, provided it's not a brisk and persistent bleed. But from what you've said it doesn't appear to be that - like your knee is not swelling up like a huge balloon. If it was, you'd be in extremis (acute pain!). So most small bleeds will ultimately be taken care of in the usual, natural way with clotting, just like it does if you graze your knee or slice your finger with a kitchen knife.

How long it takes is another thing. It depends why it is bleeding. There are many reasons why this might be
1. an inflammatory process which is bleeding because it's so inflamed
2. something is scraping on it but I can't think what. I've never heard of an 'impingement' doing that
 
@Josephine there is a bursa at the hamstring orgin: "ischiogluteal bursa" The hamstring muscles originate from the pelvis (ischial tuberosity) and insert into the top of the lower leg bones. The hamstring muscles attach to the pelvis via the hamstring tendon, which is why I called it hamstring bursitis...I should have said "ischiogluteal bursitis." My mistake. Anyway....thanks for your reply. I don't have much swelling in my knee anymore (due to the cortisone injection) but I can't bend my knee more than 90 degrees (I went from 127 degrees of flexion to 90). My thigh is hurts so bad. The impingement is most likely the pica and it could be synovial hypertrophy and impingement...I was getting a lot of clunking before this all happened...and I was also getting a of clicking and snapping at that hip. I'm really quite bummed out (trying to be positive). My knee tends to do the catching thing while sleeping....I'm not sure what that is all about. Thanks again for replying....this has the surgeon, PT, and myself really stumped as I was doing very well up till this.
 
The hamstring muscles originate from the pelvis (ischial tuberosity) and insert into the top of the lower leg bones. The hamstring muscles attach to the pelvis via the hamstring tendon, which is why I called it hamstring bursitis
No really? Well I never did! :doh:
 
@josehpine....I said that because you stated: "Actually, I'm a little confused by the PT's diagnosis of "hamstring bursitis" as there actually aren't any bursae around the origin of the hamstrings! :snork: I think he meant tendinitis!"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom