Revision TKR 2nd surgery week after 1st because of fall

I saw the surgeon last Thursday. He is not happy with my ROM. I am at 80 flexion and -8 extension. The picc line was removed last Friday. That was a relief. The pain comes and goes anywhere from 1-10 depending on the activity. He wants to do MUA next Monday 12 February. I'm afraid of the pain after, this has been a rough few weeks.
 
I saw the surgeon last Thursday. He is not happy with my ROM. I am at 80 flexion and -8 extension. The picc line was removed last Friday. That was a relief. The pain comes and goes anywhere from 1-10 depending on the activity. He wants to do MUA next Monday 12 February. I'm afraid of the pain after, this has been a rough few weeks.
Stay strong! you have us to lean upon. I am very glad your picc line was removed. Being afraid is normal, I wish I had words of wisdom to take it away for you. Honestly, “pain sucks“. The best I can do is pray, which I will do. Please keep us updated. :prayer:
 
Hi Lisbanne,
Stopping by to say Hi and see how recovery is progressing for you.
Thankfully the picc line was removed, but wondering...did you undergo the MUA?
If so, I hope you're doing okay...Please let us know. Hope to hear from you soon.
@Lisbanne
 
I did have an MUA on February 19. That day was great! I had total movement and felt great-it was the medication. Next day everything hurt and I'm crying through PT. Not sure what to do now....any suggestions??
 
If you are crying through PT then it is too aggressive for you and will hinder your progress. PT should be helpful, not painful. You do not have to consent to anything painful.
Saying no to therapy - am I allowed to?

If you feel you need to go to PT consider looking for another office with a gentler approach to rehab. I’m sorry you’re going through this. :console2:
 
Also, you’ve had 3 procedures on this knee in a very short time. That’s a lot of trauma from which to heal. Your knee will heal, and respond, much better to gentle treatment. Give your knee time to sort itself out, it will, if everyone gives it a chance.
 
I am 9 weeks since second surgery and a week and half since MUA. ROM is now 100 and -5. Muscles are sore and some seem still asleep. Best pain med now is ibuprofen. I have physical therapy in a little while and I'm already feeling anxious. I see the surgeon next Tuesday.
 
I have physical therapy in a little while and I'm already feeling anxious.
I totally understand this. I felt this way also until I started saying no to things I didn’t feel were in my best interest. You don’t have to do anything in PT that you don’t want to.

My surgeon hurt me in all my appointments up until I was 4 months post op. He always pushed my bend to a painful place to get the number he wanted. My 4 month appointment was the worst, he did it twice because he didn’t like the first number. That was the limit for me. I never got up on the exam table again, which gave him easy access to my leg. In the appointments after that I stayed in the regular chair in the room and bent my knee myself. He was ok the first time I did this, but he was annoyed the second time. Oh well, it‘s my knee, not his, and I was very tired of him hurting me and causing me so much stress, especially when I learned that not all surgeons do this at follow up appointments.
 
Hello and Happy Wednesday, Lisbanne!
Please don’t be afraid of a PT session, or your therapist. Keep in mind that you are in control, not the therapist and you don’t have to engage in any movement that causes pain, or that you’re uncomfortable with. It is your body and you’re the one that will have to deal with the after affect of a session that is overly aggressive. Also, stop anyone that tries to forcefully manipulate your leg.

Let us know how your session goes and best wishes for the appointment with your surgeon next week! Will look forward to your updates. :)
@Lisbanne
 
PT today was better!! Younger therapist willing to do different things. Got to 100 and + 5.5. Came home and am icing and elevated now. Thanks for all the support!!
 
Last edited:
Good news, Lisbanne! Keep sharing and we'll keep supporting. :)
May your weekend be all you want it to be. :SUNsmile:
@Lisbanne
 
That's good news. But please keep in mind that you are in charge, not the therapist. Personally I had a very hard time telling them they weren't allowed to touch my knee - but once I said it then it became easier to repeat, if needed.

Keep icing and elevating. Your poor knee has been through a lot of trauma and needs to recover in its own time line.
 
Excellent news!!! It's amazing what releasing and relaxing can accomplish!!!
 
Hi there Lisbanne,
One month to date since your MUA. I hope you're doing well and enjoying those massages.
Happy Tuesday!
@Lisbanne
 
Massage has helped rom for sure. Pain is still present, not sure how normal that is. It's not intense just nagging.
 
Glad to read that massage is helping, @Lisbanne. Give it some time and the pain level will improve too.
 
Thankfully the massage is benefiting you, hopefully the pain is soon history.
Three months already since your Right TKR! A great rest of the week to you. :)
@Lisbanne
 
Two months to date since the MUA...how are you doing?
Please let us know as time allows. We'd like to hear about your progress
Have a wonderful weekend! :SUNsmile:
@Lisbanne
 
:hi: Lisbanne!
Wishing you comfort as you prepare for your knee replacement on Monday.
Relief is on the way and we'll all be here for your healing journey. I hope you have a peaceful, relaxing weekend.

There is an opportunity for you to take your experience here to the next level. We appreciate and value your support as part of this community and encourage you to check out what's available to you as a member of
the Insiders Club which includes special perks above the basics, making the most of what BoneSmart has to offer. If you're interested, we'd love to have you join us!


Happy Friday!
@Lisbanne
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom