TKR 2nd knee (left) popping / slipping due to asymmetrical swelling

What I don't do is tense and panic... and that part seems really help. Any "pain" lasts only seconds....
Oh, yes, when you are tense, those muscles tighten up and are more painful. Short-lived pain is normal and knowing that relieves the stress, which helps to relieve the pain!
Walking a lot more now, doing strengthening exercises and almost 120 degree flexion!
Wow, at 2 months that is way beyond the normal. You are doing something right.
 
I think the MAJOR thing I've done differently is use a recumbant bike while watching TV. At the beginning, I just move my legs slowly to keep the muscles in motion and slowly over time move myself closer to the handles (forcing the legs to flex a tiny bit more each time...). I've started adding tension to the bike now (~10 weeks in) and it feels really really good. I make sure to "stretch" them out slowly afterward so as not to get the dreaded stiff knees 2 hours later!
I also like doing stretching while having knees unde a heating blanket!
 
Sounds like you're on the right track now!

I was having a crescent shape of lateral swelling with deep aching of lateral quads just above the knee for months! I suspected tendonitis and that the patella might be going off track or grinding against a tendon. Despite this the ROM was excellent and the knee functional.

My PT assured me the patella was not at all maltracking. The surgeon agreed (scar tissue, not tendonitis).

Like you, I was and am using the recumbent bike at the gym to keep things loose.
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary, Insider!
Sounds like you have a plan that's working well for you.
Keep up the good work and have a nice week!
@Insider
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom