TKR 2nd knee done 10 weeks after first knee totally different

Back in April, I was walking with my cane, and I missed stepping and fell. She would let me really walk with a cane again which made me nervous to walk with a cane. I usually walk with a walker.
I am so glad you got a different therapist. No one should tell you when to use a cane or a walker. They do not know your body like you do and you should use walking aids as long as you feel it's necessary. I used a cane for over 25 years because of bad knees. No one ever questioned my need to use it! You sure be treated the same way.
 
Have you had any surgery on your back and did it help at all?
Yes I had back surgery for lumbar and my neck and thoracic. It helped a lot my lower lumbar look like an hourglass in the MRI. My back was going out prior. It helped the pain and help with muscle weakness I was having in my right leg. I had a really awesome orthopedic back doctor. When I told them I wasn't going to give up he agreed not to give up on me even when the Head of PT At the rehab/nursing home tried to tell me I wasn't going to walk again and tried to have him tell me the same thing.
 
Back in April, I was walking with my cane, and I missed stepping and fell. She would let me really walk with a cane again which made me nervous to walk with a cane. I usually walk with a walker.
I am so glad you got a different therapist. No one should tell you when to use a cane or a walker. They do not know your body like you do and you should use walking aids as long as you feel it's necessary. I used a cane for over 25 years because of bad knees. No one ever questioned my need to use it! You sure be treated the same way.
Yes she tried to tell me to only use my walker and tried to tell me I should use my wheelchair all the time. I told her that was not my intention. She tell me I can not use my cane. I am willing to use my wheelchair for long distances but I want to use cane and get off the walker
 
when I graduate from college I want to be able to drop my cane and walk across the stage without anything, so I can surprise all my friends and family.
I love this! Keep the faith and you will get there.
Thank you only certain friends know what I am doing because they are helping me. I hope to shock my friends and family and maybe make them cry a little.
 
My physical therapist is wonderful he tells me why I have to do certain exercises and explains how it will help me. He figured out that my hip flexors and hip educators are extremely tight so we are working on loosing them up and making them stronger for me. He gave me one exercise of laying on my stomach and having someone bend back my knee to help strengthen my thighs. It is amazing how much he helped me already.
 
He gave me one exercise of laying on my stomach and having someone bend back my knee to help strengthen my thighs.
This will not help to strengthen your thigh muscles but will help with your bend. Whenever anyone is pushing or pulling on your leg, you are not using your muscles to do it yourself. This isn't helpful. That's why we always suggest no hands on the leg! It can also cause your knee to bend further than it's ready to be bent and will cause harm. Just do it yourself and you'll be helping your knee and leg more.
 
He gave me one exercise of laying on my stomach and having someone bend back my knee to help strengthen my thighs.
This will not help to strengthen your thigh muscles but will help with your bend. Whenever anyone is pushing or pulling on your leg, you are not using your muscles to do it yourself. This isn't helpful. That's why we always suggest no hands on the leg! It can also cause your knee to bend further than it's ready to be bent and will cause harm. Just do it yourself and you'll be helping your knee and leg more.
I am bending it they are just assisting in bending it so I don't bend it fair. Otherwise I would towel to bend it and if I bend it back to far I can give myself a cramp. I believe he said it helps my thighs and hip flexors
 
Back
Top Bottom