2020 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

I’m having a left tkr on Monday May 18! Had a not great right tkr four years ago. This time different surgeon, implant and hospital. Excited to get it done and get moving! Carol
 
Left knee TKR on 5/20. Was postponed in April, back on now. Nervous but hopeful would describe my mental state.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2020 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

@Carolpol and @allin1 , you have been added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you, so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.
Starting a new thread and posting

For additional help, look in the white toolbar under the blue one, click on "Help & Information," then click on "How to Use This Forum." You'll find lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I am having my left knee totally replaced on May 27th.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2020 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

@bigsky7 , you have been added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you, so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.
Starting a new thread and posting

For additional help, look in the white toolbar under the blue one, click on "Help & Information," then click on "How to Use This Forum." You'll find lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2020 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

@Golfguy, you have been added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you, so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.
Starting a new thread and posting

For additional help, look in the white toolbar under the blue one, click on "Help & Information," then click on "How to Use This Forum." You'll find lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2020 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

@Pnwgal, you have been added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you, so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.
Starting a new thread and posting

For additional help, look in the white toolbar under the blue one, click on "Help & Information," then click on "How to Use This Forum." You'll find lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I am back (5 years later) for knee 2. 5/29 is my date.
So now I’m not back. Insurance will not approve my surgery since I have had a cortisone shot recently. The soonest they will approve is Aug 4 and that date does not work for me. Please remove me from May and I will update as I know more. Am appealing the decision.
 
may 5.jpg

@Raven Wing you have been added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you, so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.
Starting a new thread and posting

For additional help, look in the white toolbar under the blue one, click on "Help & Information," then click on "How to Use This Forum." You'll find lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
So now I’m not back. Insurance will not approve my surgery since I have had a cortisone shot recently. The soonest they will approve is Aug 4 and that date does not work for me. Please remove me from May and I will update as I know more. Am appealing the decision.
@Gottamove - I'm sorry your surgery wasn't approved. Thank you for letting us know.
I hope you soon get a more suitable date.

I have removed your name from the May Marvels list.
 
may 94.jpg

@dcoletx63, you have been added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you, so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.
Starting a new thread and posting

For additional help, look in the white toolbar under the blue one, click on "Help & Information," then click on "How to Use This Forum." You'll find lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
[/QUOTE]
 
I am having a tkr on May 29. This is my second. The first was on Feb 5. Could you add me to this group?
Thanks!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2020 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

@StvsHope, you have been added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you, so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.
Starting a new thread and posting

For additional help, look in the white toolbar under the blue one, click on "Help & Information," then click on "How to Use This Forum." You'll find lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
[/QUOTE]
 
I'm having my 2nd total knee replacement on 5/26/2020 (THIS Tuesday...yikes!). My first was done on 6/4/2019. Same hospital (St. Mary's in Richmond, VA) and same doctor. While he has me under, he's going to manipulate my right knee because I've had trouble extending it and bending it back (getting to 90 degrees or at least to 100+). Not looking forward to the thigh pain, though, from the tourniquet. Thanks for the add so I can be a May Marvel too! Now I don't have to be alone while I recuperate. Although first week will probably be the roughest for me so I probably won't be posting anything right away. Can hope this time around, I'll have a better experience dealing with being in so much pain can't I? Guess I'll find out Tues once the pain meds wear off.
 
may 93.png

@Tennisboii and @mimi2011 , you have been added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you, so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.
Starting a new thread and posting

For additional help, look in the white toolbar under the blue one, click on "Help & Information," then click on "How to Use This Forum." You'll find lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
may 60.jpg

@VSing, you have been added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased you have joined us here.



For additional help, look in the white toolbar under the blue one, click on "Help & Information," then click on "How to Use This Forum." You'll find lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
2nd knee replacement May 29!What a day! My Dr. is no longer under my insurance as of June 1 but he can get me in Friday!
Thank you Cigna for informing me mid year that my physician is no longer under my plan. Well the gracious ladies at my surgeons office made it happen with one day notice.
I am so excited because I had such a great experience last July when he did my right knee. Thanks to Bonesmart who helped me select this Dr. in Nashville, I was able to get 50% of my life back and now will get the other 50% back soon.
 
may 5.jpg

@Honey007 you have been added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you, so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.
Starting a new thread and posting

For additional help, look in the white toolbar under the blue one, click on "Help & Information," then click on "How to Use This Forum." You'll find lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom