2016 December SuperNovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am scheduled for my right THR on 12/20. This will be about 3 months after my left THR.

To those looking at your first, my experience was very good with an excellent Dr that is very skilled at the anterior approach. My recovery was fast and my left hip is strong enough to carry the load for what will be my new right hip. I did not think that I would be back so soon, but now I am experiencing a constant aching and grinding when I walk up and down stairs.

I hope my recovery is as fast as my first THR and it will be nice to start the year with two new hips. I will keep you all posted.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all December SuperNovas!


[Bonesmart.org] 2016 December SuperNovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

06 December 16 putitoff, newhip126
07 December 16 BradleyStu, kaliella, brightness
08 December 16 rauerbach
09 December 16 horseygirl (her second)
12 December 16 hipsrus (her first), Lynnie, nancyellen, kidhipster
15 December 16 NewHip2017
18 December 16 Holly100's hubby
20 December 16 NWhipster (his second), rhino1 (revision)
22 December 16 thx11384eb
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 December SuperNovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?
@NWhipster, you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December SuperNova!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 December SuperNovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?
@rhino1, you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December SuperNova!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Just joined. I'm getting my left hip replaced on 12/15. I went from dealing with mild to moderate arthritis to a severe limp and difficulty with daily activity in the course of a few weeks. My rheumatologist and orthopedic surgeon (OS) were both really shocked by how quickly things deteriorated! I went from being incredible depressed and worried to excited for my new chance at walking, biking, hiking. Part of it was learning about my realistic outcomes and comparing it with the life I have now. I can't wait to just walk around without pain or feeling bones rub against each other. Wish me luck!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 December SuperNovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?
@NewHip2017, you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December SuperNova!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi, I was a Bonesmart member before when I had my left THR done on 1-3-2012. Well now I am getting my right one replaced on 12-9-16. I am using a different doctor this time but he was highly recommended by several friends. Unluckily I am right now just healing from a superior ramus fracture. I fell off my horse in September which ended up in this fracture. With my bad hip and the pain I don't sit so well on my little "Lady" anymore. I hope by next summer this will be better with my new hip. I had been getting shots for the hip pain but they stopped working. Am not looking forward to more recuperating time after the THR but the alternative is not better. Just got off the crutches a few weeks ago.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 December SuperNovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?
@horseygirl, you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December SuperNova!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Surgery scheduled for December 6 for LTHR. Thanks for the add.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 December SuperNovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?
@newhip126, you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December SuperNova!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi, my hubby goes in for is op on the 18th Dec left THR in the uk. We are very unsure about this as we have not been given enough info. Thanks to your site for all your help and answers it makes us feel we are not on our own. My question to you all is. HERE in the Uk we have been told that he will never do his job again (GreenKeeper 36 Hole Course) as its so active and physical. What are your views on this. We expect 6 to 8 weeks off work then semi light work if possible until 6 months pos op, then back to full role. Do you agree with this? He walks about 20 to 60 miles a day in is job but its the lifting and bending which will causes the problems and the angle of the steps of the machinery he uses. Any help with this?? Thanks again for your help with questions here in the UK we seem not to give out all the info and treat everyone as if they where 70 plus. My hubby is only just turned 50. THANKS :-)
 
@Holly100 Hi and welcome to BS! I cant answer your questions but I am sure others can. They may not have seen your post up here on the December thread. I would suggest you copy your post and start a new thread of your own in the pre- op section down below this section. Good luck! :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 December SuperNovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?
@Holly100, your hubby has been officially added to the December surgery list! He is now officially a December SuperNova!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 December SuperNovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?
@nancyellen, you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December SuperNova!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi all,
After almost 3 years of pain, I'm finally having my thr surgery- I'm scheduled on Monday 12/12. I'm 32, my birthday is on 12/14 and my birthday gift to myself is getting my life back. I'm nervous, anxious- so many feelings abt this- praying it all goes well
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 December SuperNovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?
@kidhipster, you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December SuperNova!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom