2015 February Valentines - Are You Having Knee Surgery In February?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Staff member since Feb, 2009
Senior Administrator
Country
United States United States
ai513.photobucket.com_albums_t338_Shadymomma2008_smileythrowingkisses.gif

Time to get our group of Valentines going for February.

If you are having surgery this month, please post on this thread and join the team. It's always better to have others going through surgery and recovery with you!

Welcome to our latest and all February Valentines!

feb 1.jpg

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Please do not chit-chat in this thread. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

04 February 15 bevw7252 (revision)
05 February 15 mamabash
06 February 15 huskymama (bilateral)
23 February 15 canadiangirl79
24 February 15 jbrooklyn (bilateral)

Revision of a revision on left knee February 4th (21st overall knee surgery, fourth replacement)

I'm scheduled for BTKR Feb 25. I'm 52--starting to feel scary! Single mom, one child age 11, 2 dogs, one of whom is 16 and hobbly. Can I really be out of the house for 10 days? And yet, so so sick of pain and limits--feel like I'm getting old before my time. Gotta do it. Can anyone pep talk me? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am scheduled to have a total knee replacement on my left knee on February 5th.

I am terrified, I competitively skied and cross country ran for 15 + years, finally caught up with me - right knee total knee replacement scheduled for Feb 23/15 - I am only 35. I have needed this surgery since I was 25 but no surgeon would touch me until I found the BEST surgeon in northern Ontario - I am his youngest patient to date - good luck to all awaiting...months away to a better life!!

Revision of a revision on left knee February 4th (21st overall knee surgery, fourth replacement)

Did u say 4th replaicemant? Wow. May I be nosy and ask why? I've had 1 and I'm seeing lots pep who have issues.

SonnysWife❤️

I'm olny 36. And I've need it for ever. They usually I'm younger do partial. But they do full incision. That's what I'm told. But good luck I pray for comfort and peace mind till then.

SonnysWife❤️

Hi there--
I'm scheduled for BTKR Feb 24, so let's be pals and get each other through this. I also ran marathons, cross country, track . . . and feel super sad not to be able to run anymore. I'm older than you, 52, but young at heart, if not at knees! I'm in Brooklyn, NY.

Hi there--
I'm scheduled for BTKR Feb 24, so let's be pals and get each other through this. I also ran marathons, cross country, track . . . and feel super sad not to be able to run anymore. I'm older than you, 52, but young at heart, if not at knees! I'm in Brooklyn, NY.
Good lucks Sucks cause I usta run to. But no more. This form really keep mind at ease. Need some more groups to talk. Sleepless at night.

SonnysWife❤️

I'm olny 36. And I've need it for ever. They usually I'm younger do partial. But they do full incision. That's what I'm told. But good luck I pray for comfort and peace mind till then.

SonnysWife❤️

OMG finally someone I can relate to, I am literally just recovering from a really bad gout flare-up (I swear it is worse than child birth) I am so sick of the limitations, the medication (which my tolerance is thru the roof) and I miss my old life - when I tell dr.s I am going for a replacement they are like "umm are you sure?" - yes I am sure "did they just say you need a replacement?" - NO I have my date booked "really? wow a surgeon will preform it?" YES!! LOL - I am lucky to have free healthcare in Canada as I have been reading that people in the US are having insurance issues.

It's a hard recovery I am nor going to lie. I am 21 days post Opp. And I was scared. Ins is a bit tricky. I was sick all Meds shots pt like killed me. My knees would pop ache and fill like my knee was rip through knee cap. Haut make sure u don't over do it. Don't give up. There is a lot u need to know. Just ask. All on this form has been helpful. Xxxx good luck... I'm alswsys on an off. Make sure u have ice packs,potty chair,shower bench, Ẹxcerise machine, walker, ca-be,crutches,snacks , table beside bed trash can lol cause u may need it. I was nauseous.

But on flip side in 6 months u will be all new.

SonnysWife❤️

By the way what pain do u have? Has doc said partial or full. I just had partial. That's what they give the young patents in Ky. Docs hard find to do younger ones. Cause they like wait till 45-to older. Young recovery is easier and faster. But it's all about how u heal and how you treat yA self for recovery.

SonnysWife❤️

Dear Members, just a reminder: This thread is for listing your surgery date and to give you a place to see who is having surgery along with you this month. Discussion should take place between you in your own threads in the pre op forum. You and your questions and concerns will not get the attention they deserve on this thread like they will in your own threads. Here are some links to help you start your own thread, locate your thread, and locate another member's thread:
Starting a new thread and posting
How can I find my threads and posts?
Finding another member's threads and posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics