Guest viewing is limited

2014 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?

Status
Not open for further replies.
8/13 Right thr I'm kinda nervous having it done at HSS in NYC
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hotshots!

[Bonesmart.org] 2014 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

04 August 14 @muckingabout
05 August 14 @Sher238 (THR & CD)
07 August 14 @allison, @rettabetta
12 August 14 @Readytocruise, @KatesyDatesy, @Happy Hipster
13 August 14 @toohip
15 August 14 @debkakes (her second)
18 August 14 @coffeecat (her first)
19 August 14 @devadasi, @HerbM
20 August 14 @booker
22 August 14 @AllanM (his second)
25 August 14 @IMs
 
Welcome to all the people who will get new hips in August. Wow we do have a lot of people who will be taking a easy in August. But by next August you will be dancing in cool full moon night. Good luck
 
August 6th for me! :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®


I was pushed one day so August 7th is the big day for me!
17 days away and I already had melt-down. I had taken X-rays a week ago and they are worst since my initial visit. On the plus side I lost 20 lbs. I thought I could lose 20 more but the new bone spurs I have are making things more difficult so i have been trying to clean up eating habits.
And most importantly staying positive which is pretty hard to do I must admit.
I won't be able to rent a recliner as I originally thought but I am looking at obtaining some wedges to help me with discomfort when I return home.
I found two types of bed wedges and I curious about what the forum thinks about these before I purchase them.
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?


thoughts? Will these be a waste of money?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
We really recommend a straight wedge that allows you to keep your toes above your nose. You'd need to use additional pillows with either of these foam pieces so it might be just as good to simply use the pillows in the first place. I found having a bunch of pillows to model into whatever shape felt good at the time to be a real asset. You won't always be comfortable in the same position for extended periods of time.
 
Just found out I'm having total hip replacement on left hip and core decompression on right hip on Aug 5th.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?
@booker, you have been officially added to the August surgery list!


(Start a thread of your own in the Hip Replacement Pre Op forum.)
 
Right total hip replacement, anterior approach, outpatient surgery (if all goes well) for Tuesday August 19th, 2014.

10 days and counting.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom