Guest viewing is limited

TKR 2 weeks post. Can't raise leg

I'm on knee number 2 and one thing that I've noticed in both recoveries is something would bother me (pain, inability to do something, whatever) for what seemed like forever and then all of a sudden, over a few days it would be gone. Sort of like a newborn keeping you up at night til you think you can't stand it then all of a sudden they're a two year old sleeping like a rock but saying "no" to everything.

It seems like forever while you are living through it but you will look back on it as going by really fast. And you will so enjoy having a functioning knee.
 
Hi Ant69
I'm in UK and had TKR 28TH Sept
Hospital pharmacist only provided one week dihydrocodeine despite Docs prescribing 2 weeks supply.
I had to fight for another week's supply and was made to feel like a junkie! Have now resorted to cocodomol (8mg codeone as opposed to 30mg) over the counter as knee still very tight and swollen.
 
Hi Skollieal

Same here got put through to prescribing nurse....

I insisted saying that I had just had major surgery and would require pain killers for at least a couple of months.. .
She argued...
I asked to speak to a doctor...
All of a sudden she became realistic and prescribed dihydrocodiene 30mg for 2 weeks.
2 weeks over..
I have just asked for more....

Should be interesting....

INSIST.., that's the answer...
 
Given that the NHS says that after tkr you should be able to return to work within 6-12 weeks

Has anyone in the UK actually managed to return to a manual job in 6 weeks?

I am an electrician and there is no way I could even try...
Still using 2 sticks on my daily 400M walk...
Really couldn't see myself on a ladder...lol
 
I think we've had people have to go back in 6 weeks in desk jobs and even that was tough.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom