Guest viewing is limited

TKR 2 second knee now done. ( 3.5m apart)

Just an update everything going much better. Thanks everybody for the support along the way. Approaching week 4
 
Hello everyone, I have been absent from here for a couple of years and was moving on with life and enjoying my return to activity. However, I need your insights again as something has changed. My right knee is 4 years out and doing well. My left one will be 4 years in March of 2023. It has never been quite as good, but still I have been happy for the most part with much of the time forgetting I have Artificial knees. With the left one I have often wondered if it was as well aligned, just a feeling. My issue now is that a couple of weeks ago, I began to have pain. Not like and injury pain and does not respond like an injury. It feels like it is within the joint. It is persistent. Worsened by use, does not "walk out". Worse under weight bearing situations ( say vs in the pool). I do not perceive instability per say, but I did have a years of painful popping like something soft tissue was being caught with something shifting. I did a bunch of leg strengthening over a year ago ( cubii, pool walking and land walking) and it really calmed down to a rare occurrence. My basic question is does pain from an actual implant issue what is it like? it feels like a light version of my old arthritis pain ( like it is bone pain). I have called my surgeon, but I am stressing I have the beginnings of loosening and as usual, looking for the insights from those who may have experienced this. Thanks in advance for all the help. Overall, my TKR's were a god send and gave me my life back. I was using a scooter and double braced pre-surgery.
 
@Dkm Welcome back! Sorry you are having pain in that knee. Pain from a loosening implant is different for everyone. But to ease your mind I would as your surgeon or your family doctor to refer you for an x-ray.

You say this pain came on a couple of weeks ago. Have you done anything different - a new activity perhaps?
 
Thank you for the quick reply and the support. No significant changes in activity. What is throwing me is that rest doesn't necessarily improve it. For example it was bothering me a yesterday but I just woke up at 5 AM and it is significantly worse. I keep reading that one of the symptoms is instability. I was wondering if instability would always be a symptom or if lack of that would be a bit of a rule out. I do have a call out to my surgeon. I have always just found when I reach out here before I go that I often go in with more insight and the ability to ask some different questions I wouldn't have thought of. Thanks for this quick feedback I will definitely push for an X-ray.
 
Any swelling or heat in the knee? Instability can be a symptom - but not always. If this is not easing with rest I would definitely get some input from your surgeon.

Please keep us updated!
 
No swelling, A little bit of heat, But the same level I would expect If I had a soft tissue injury. Nothing over the top, just kind of an odd situation. I appreciate the support that I should investigate Further. That was very much what I was looking for when I came back on about this. I wasn't sure if I was over reacting to something that is likely nothing. It can be very easy to over worry about anything that happens with your knees once they replaced. Thanks so much for the support. I do have a call out to my surgeon's office.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom