Guest viewing is limited

THR 2 New Hips 2025

Happy One Month Anniversary!
Thinking of you and hoping you have a good night.
@2newHips2025
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
How are you doing? We'd love to read a post on your progress and cheer you on.
Please consider leaving an update next time you're on the forum.
Hope to hear from you soon. :fingersx:
@2newHips2025
 
Thanks for checking in, Layla. Hard to believe it's been two months. My new left hip is great. I do have soft tissue pain down my leg, particularly in the quad/ knee areas, but icing definitely helps that. Thanks to this forum I knew that was to be expected. As I have mentioned, I'm waiting for a date for my right THR. I do have a very pronounced leg length discrepancy--Doc says he will address some of it with rightside THR but I may just " have to live with it." I use a shoe lift now because without it, its like stepping off a curb with each step I take. Without the lift my lower back aches after walking, so I'm using it until my second surgery. Nothing I am dealing with compares to the preop pain and immobility, so I feel very lucky. I feel so much better with one side done. I scrubbed my kitchen top to bottom the other day, something I couldn't do before surgery, and I felt like an Olympic champion! My right hip didn't like it much, but ice and rest helped. Being productive is such a spirit lifter! I was so afraid of surgery and lived in misery because of fear. What a waste of time! Onward to hip number two!
 
Your story is very similar to mine. Just had left done 10 days ago. Right one will be next. Like you, I left it way too long until misery set in... I really hear you because misery is the right word! So encouraging to hear you say how thrilled you were to clean the kitchen. That's the sort of everyday thing I dream of doing too. For some it's to carry on with their sporting hobbies or to dance again. For me... I just want to be able to maintain my house and garden and go on the odd walk.

When are you expecting to get a date? I'm told it could be 10 months for mine (UK NHS)
 
When I was able to start taking care of my house again it would take me several hours to get through the 4 rooms I have in main part of house. I'd do one room, rest, then another, more rest. The first time I could do entire upstairs and not have to stop & rest I was so thrilled.
It's amazing the simple things you enjoy!
 
Hi @Deni444 I just got my right hip scheduled for April 29th. I feel very fortunate to have this moving quickly. I know what to expect this time, so my anxiety is in check for now. When I get a little nervous I just remind myself how much better I feel already and focus on that. I hope yours is scheduled as soon as humanly possible.

@myglasshalffull It really is the simple little things that make a difference, and being productive is such a mood lifter.

I follow both of your threads, they give me great inspiration. Happy healing!
 
Hi there. I was just catching up on your story so far and realised that it's just a couple of days before you get your second hip done. How are you feeling?

Those last couple of days can be a challenge, even when it's the second time around... I imagine!

I jump from excited at the thought of another new hip, desperate for a second new hip and absolutely dreading another early recovery. I know deep down however and after reading so many recovery threads that hip number two, really is the start of a new me. Will be the same for you too after struggling for so long!

Thinking about you and sending warm wishes!
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary, Lefty!

I hope you're doing well and ready for your next THR on Wednesday.
Wishing you comfort as you wait...and as you begin healing later this week. I will look forward to supporting you on your journey. All the best!
@2newHips2025
 
@Deni444 @Layla @myglasshalffull Thank you all so much for the well wishes. I am equal parts excited and terrified, waiting for Wednesday. Even though I know what to expect, both good and challenging, I'm still super anxious. I have full confidence in my surgeon so I don't know why my irrational fears are haunting me. This hip will be done with robotic assist, I'll be at a hospital instead of day surgery and I know they will take great care of me. Ooof. The waiting is the hardest part, as we all know, all too well. I'll keep you posted, and thanks again for caring.
 
You'll be fine! Just try and keep busy and take your mind off it. It will be over so quickly and you'll be on the road to recovery before you know it :)

We'll be cheering you on!
 
so I don't know why my irrational fears are haunting me.
Umm, I might know why...but don't want to get too graphic. :wink:

I hope you like the extra attention at the hospital this time. I was at a surgery site, had to be discharged to hubby's care within 23 hrs. I think that frightened me more than anything!
Hubs...as my nursemaid, in charge of my care!! :yikes: Thankfully he was very attentive, aside from the mess he left in his wake:bawl:It's not your first recovery and I'm betting you'll do great! You'll be resting back home before you know it.
The waiting is the hardest part,
Thanks for the Tom Petty ear worm of the day, I'll think of you as it replays over and over in my head. :happyfeet:
Prayers for an uneventful surgery and recovery tomorrow. I will be watching for your first post op update.
 
Still thinking of you! You got this :flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom