Guest viewing is limited

THR 19th April second RTHR

:snork::snork::happydance::happydance:So update........
I appreciate everyone's 'input' and take on board other people's experiences and history, putting that aside for a moment I re-read my last post.......written like most 'in the moment' slight over kill of my recovery I believe.....I'd had a fab weekend with family and enjoyed the weekend away from home/recovery area (omg had cabin fever). The journey was indeed 3+ hours and stopping every hour did help the drive. I neglected to say I was forgetful in taking my medication on time and paid the penalty, bizarrely 20 mins after writing the post having had a cup of tea and Meds felt fab again......hence my honest post!!!!!! my stupid fault, Today day 12 I've woken from a fab sleep (not taken for granted at this stage) and bimbled around today, rested, read my book and relaxed listening to music, in the zone.......I've always stated ITS MY EXPERIENCE by no means THE TEXT BOOK RECOVERY, but what works for one doesn't another......my first hip replacement recovery was text book but just didn't feel like I was in control IT CONTROLLED ME.....didn't put a foot wrong literally lol, this time if I feel ready I'm going to do it and if I don't I won't, taking the control. I feel 100% better this time around even at this stage I suppose it reflects not being put off by a bad experience not necessarily text book but it works for me....it's a journey only I am taking, by no means do I advocate this is the correct or right way to approach it BUT as I've said it suits me a bit like giving birth no two the same.... I'm having a different approach to recovery this time try to enjoy the rest and relaxation without getting caught up in the guidelines more modification of it......each hippie trip is unique and strongly believe that my light hearted adaptation of it is taken with the heartfelt way it is intended. So much so another hippie to be sent a private message saying it was refreshing to read and felt inspired to keep positive and take their individual journey 'their' way and felt at times that advice was great on various sites but was positively laughing out loud with my antics. I do hope that lady has a speedy recovery and adapts here journey her way..... oh and as for non-weight baring a typo was made it should have stated 'partial weight baring'..........Do what your consultant tells you and don't break the rules they know best!!!!!!! Unless like me being a rogue adapt to your life style hehehehe don't become too overwhelmed by the do's and dont's and above all enjoy if that's right word your individual time your way..much love
 
[Bonesmart.org] 19th April second RTHR
 
Not aggressive more testing to be honest......but 20 mins after returning felt good again.....my fault I forgot my meds mid journey lesson to others keep up with the meds !!!!!. Had my sutures out two days ago at my GP's he's happy as is the nurse who was very impreywuth the scar 'the finest cut ever seen minimal bruising' ....I'm managing incredibly well with one crutch around the house,exercises quite easy now with minimal pain I'm Day 17 of recovery so very pleased. Sleeping is still a struggle but I generally sleep on my right side and being my operated side I can only assume that's why.....I'm eating reasonably well with less snacking and smaller meal portions now at meal times. Early evening I'm feeling achy from the days activities but its only day 17 I'm happy with that progress for sure. To those reading I take all advice and guidance but adapt my own approach to healing positivity is key FOR ME, I've been on this journey before and feel in a position to share my experiences what works for one won't for another no need for comparison it's not a competition remember. I just keep my motto of tomorrow is another new healing day....love to all you hippie friends.....oh and the fury legs are no more!!!!!! Life is good.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
HI Thank you for sharing your experiences. I did pm you privately to tell you how much I appreciated your attitude about recovery. I am on day 4 of recovery from posterior THr and now the reality is setting in. The reality of how much modification is necessary. The feelings of frustration. I compare this to any major change in your life... death, birth of a child,buying or selling a house, retirement, being fired...etc. There are seven steps you may go through. When I looked them up I realized that they applied to my surgery. 5th step is the upward turn, when work through the direction of my life, finding acceptance, and renewed hope.
I am growing and learning about myself. Strength I didn't know I had, meeting the challenge of balancing self pity, and "super woman" attitude.
I mediate, I mean on this site for support and sharing. I respect my doctor and physical therapist guidelines. I take all of these things and reach a way of life for me that is a combination of all. I agree that recovery has to be what works for me to be able to move forward.
@Sb7767 once again thank you for your honesty. Your courage to go against the grain a little. Especially for saying that you are not promoting for anyone else to do what you, just that is working for you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
I found some errors. * I work; * I lean on"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
@1GreatGran ❤️❤️ Day 4 and taking steps mindfully and physically. Impressive ❤️ I'm now day 18 and recall day 4 like it was yesterday we are both positive that tomorrow is a new day in our healing journey. I cannot impress upon how my journey differs, not because I didn't do what my consultants and nursing staff recommend but simply because when I felt down, miserable, and at times alone in my recovery I simply changed my attitude to it, some mornings I wake and think another step closer to getting better, and others days I took hour by hour, IT WILL GET EASIER, and it does fact! It works for me this time around however never thought about it the first time round it was all very consuming pain, meds, food, rest,elevate etc etc it ruled my every waking moment. This time I concentrate on the good parts of the day rather the bad, my son called it 'turning it on its butt' 13yr olds are son funny. Take care my lovely and enjoy those moments of clarity and focus on the small achievements even if like me it was simply 30 mins listening to your favourite song pain free and comfortable.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom