Guest viewing is limited

TKR 16 months out-ugh!

So I have been going to PT twice a week for a year now.
Why are you still going to PT? It's not necessary so far out from surgery and if it was going to achieve what you want, it would have done it by now.
I think it's contributing to your knee problems. I suggest you give your knee a break, rest it more and just let your activities of daily living be your exercise.
 
I was a year in aug. I still have a very hard time with doing stairs. I walk good can do everything except stairs
 
So I have been going to PT twice a week for a year now.
Why are you still going to PT? It's not necessary so far out from surgery and it it was going to achieve what you want, it would have done it by now.
I think it's contributing to your knee problems. I suggest you give your knee a break, rest it more and just let your activities of daily living be your exercise.
I agree with Celle. Here is an article from the Bonesmart Library that I found very helpfu:
 
I am still in so much pain after my October 2019 TKR. MRI looks good but I have significant pain walking, stairs...anything really. Getting my knee from straight to bend is the worst-I can do it but it is very forced and slow. ! My bend is pretty good at 138 degrees, no problem with flexion when I can do it slow. I have been diligent with PT-I still go twice a week! My ortho did back X-rays thinking I was having referred pain, turns out I have an L4-5 disk bulge. I’ve been blaming my back pain on my knee all this time. I’ll have an epidural in my lumbar area this Monday and am just praying this helps my knee. 15 months is way to long to have this level of knee pain. At this point I am WAY worse than before the TKR. Wish me luck!
 
Getting my knee from straight to bend is the worst-I can do it but it is very forced and slow.
You should not force your knee to do anything, all that does is increase your pain level.
I have been diligent with PT-I still go twice a week!
What do you do during these PT sessions?
15 months is way to long to have this level of knee pain. At this point I am WAY worse than before the TKR.
I agree.

I think all your diligence has kept your knee inflamed and painful and hasn’t given your knee an opportunity to actually heal.

I suggest you stop doing all this activity and let your knee settle down. Continuing to push it could set up chronic inflammation which can be hard to get under control.
 
Sorry to hear you are having continuing pain, I hope the epidural makes a difference for you.
Keep us posted on how you are doing.

I agree with Jockette, you may want to slow down and let your knee heal.

You may want to consider getting a second opinion, for your TKR, from a surgeon specializing in Revisions, they have the education and background to determine what is happening with troubled knees. Look for a surgeon specializing in complex joint reconstruction or revisions. They should have no relationship with your present OS, not even golf buddies.

You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.
How can I find my threads and posts?
 
Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom