Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR 15 months post-op. Still in pain.

It's true that cold weather can be extra painful for a new knee, but soon, you won't even feel the difference! It's strange that icing feels so good, but cold weather hurts. :shrug:
 
@Gigi2020
Hello
Can you describe your initial symptoms of tightness and location. How long before your OS decided there was a problem? . What diagnostic test did your OS do to determine your spa spacer was too large. Is the spacer the same as a button?

I’m having extreme tightness with every step which is below my kneecap and I’m trying to get information to figure this out.

Thank you
 
More than likely, this is swelling inside your knee. You aren't even 2 months out from your surgery, and swelling and tightness is completely normal. Ice and elevate to help bring that tightness down.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I initially noticed my tightness a couple of weeks into my physical therapy but the initial pain itself was right after my surgery probably just a day or two. I knew something felt wrong. The tight band feeling felt like 100 rubber bands wrapped around the middle of my knee with a brick strapped to it. As it worsened, it felt more like 1000 rubber bands wrapped around the middle of my knee with a concrete block strapped to it. My initial OS never saw a problem which is why after four years of pain, I found a knee revision specialist who discovered my problems during an x-ray. My original surgery was February 21, 2019 and my revision surgery from a different surgeon altogether was on June 28, 2023. I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Gigi2020

Your description is exactly what I am experiencing. Mine is mainly below the knee. I also get sensation of small rocks moving around that are so painful. My knee pops constantly and that brings on more pain. I feel the same since post-op day 1. The most I can stand or walk is 10 min. Any weight bearing is CONSTANT TIGHTNESS & PAIN. I have had no relief or improvement. I see my OS for the 5th time this week. He says X-ray look great, I’m healing. I know my body, yes I am healing but I know this is not normal and something is wrong. The question is WHAT?

I don’t know how you managed the pain that long. I can’t even leave my house or return to work. I am 1000 times worse than my preop state.

Remind me was it your spacer that was the wrong size? I am trying to figure out diagnostic test that would be best given my symptoms. I am completely miserable with pain 10/10 on weight bearing, my collegues and PT agree something is not right. I dread going from a sit to stand, that pain is like nothing else.

Thank you listening! I just need answers.
 
Hope you are doing well after your revision! Are you having an easier time getting back to life?

Four years is way too long to suffer. Was wondering what the revision surgeon saw on the X-ray that the initial surgeon missed?

I'm having issues with walking/standing after two years, 30min max, and have had numerous X-rays that all look 'fine'.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom