Revision TKR 15 months post-op. Still in pain.

Best Wishes tomorrow. First steps to getting your life back.
We're rooting for you all the way! Will look forward to your first update.
@Gigi2020
 
UPDATE: Surgery went well. I can already tell a big difference. Should go home around lunchtime today after more PT and a few other things. According to my surgeon, apparently with my original implant, the cap was too big for my knee which caused it to be too far off my knee, causing the pain and the tightness from scar tissue buildup that wasn’t flexible. My new surgeon also questioned the location of my original scar, saying he had no idea how the original surgeon was able to work from that angle. So now I have two scars, shaped like a “V”… for VICTORY! ❤️
 
@2chains The knee cap part was too large to fit my knee causing the pain, tightness, scar tissue buildup, etc.
 
According to my surgeon, apparently with my original implant, the cap was too big for my knee which caused it to be too far off my knee, causing the pain and the tightness from scar tissue buildup that wasn’t flexible. My new surgeon also questioned the location of my original scar, saying he had no idea how the original surgeon was able to work from that angle. So now I have two scars, shaped like a “V”… for VICTORY! ❤️
Oh my god.
You suffered unnecessary for so long..................
Why such surgeon are not questioned by their regulatory bodies?????

:scratch:
 
Hello :wave:
How are you doing since your revision surgery? It’s been one month, Happy One Month Anniversary!

We’d love to hear from you and read about your progress, it’s been awhile.
Hoping all is well, wishing you the best and would love to hear from you soon!
@Gigi2020
 
@Layla Everything is going well! Thank you! So much better than the previous surgery. Four weeks PT as of yesterday. ROM is 115-116. Straightening is currently 3. My sister took me to a local coffee shop that makes the best fruit tea to celebrate. It was my first excursion other than PT since my surgery. . I “graduated” from a walker to a four prong cane and now I walk with a regular wooden cane for probably another week or two. Pain is at a minimum, usually a 2 or 3 due to the post surgical tightness. Not unusual. I’ve lost 7.5 pounds so far. Follow up appointment with my surgeon is August 15. I’m hoping to be released to return to work after that. Thank you again for thinking of me!
 
You're welcome! Your update was a wonderful one to read. Inspiring also for those following behind you.
So much progress! I wish you all the best with your appointment on August 15th. If we don't hear from you before then, please let us know how it goes. I'm betting your surgeon's will be very pleased with your remarkable progress. :)
@Gigi2020
 
@Layla Thank you again! The difference between this surgery and my other surgery is like night and day! My Physical Therapists are amazing and don’t try to push me beyond my comfort zone. I attend therapy three days a week: M-W-F. My surgeon’s office has very strict instructions for my PT. I don’t dread physical therapy like I did with my other surgery. That has helped me so much not just physically but mentally as well.
 
You’re welcome!
Like I mentioned to PoorlyKnees the other day…it sure is nice to have the least desirable of two surgeries over with first. :yes: I am happy for you!
Have a great week, Gigi!
@Gigi2020
 
Hello and Happy Saturday, Gigi!
I read elsewhere that you have a follow up appointment in three days. Wise idea to ask your surgeon to pinpoint exactly what your issues were leading up to the revision. Some members, myself included, request copies of their records from office calls and surgery notes also. You may want to consider doing so for your personal records. I found the surgery notes rather interesting. In my case, all I had to do was sign a release form at my surgeons office and I believe I received all of my records within a week or two.
Best Wishes for you appt Tuesday. Let us know how it goes if you feel like sharing.
@Gigi2020
 
I had my first post-op visit today. I’m released to return to work on Monday, August 21. Elevate and ice as needed. Get up and move/stretch every 30 minutes (I have a desk job). Last day of PT is Friday, August 18. Surgeon stated that everything looks good. There’s a lot more “hardware” in a revision surgery. He said I should show significant improvement within 3-4 months and full recovery in about a year. Continue to do my exercises at home and increase my walking. This will build up my stamina, strength, etc. The post-surgical tightness should go away in time. Only use my cane if/when necessary. Scar looks great and continue with the Vitamin E massages. I’m very pleased with the results and look forward to returning back to normal and getting my quality of life back! My next appointment is December 6 for my six-month follow up. ❤️
 
You are coming right along quite well! Your return to work is a huge step. Congrats!
 
Wow…impressive. All good news, Gigi. You’re on your way! :walking:
@Gigi2020
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom