Guest viewing is limited

THR 10th of January LTHR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the replies. Nessiepie, i think you are right, differing thoughts can be so confusingand i have definitely felt on a emotional rollercoaster.
The hospital physio has made me feel so much better yesterday, she can see a difference in a week (i have been doing my exercises religiously since she instructed me)
She has also said no reason why i can't return to doing the things, that well, basically make me 'me'. But when the muscles have recovered.

She did say, that the operating surgeon is confident in me doing so and that is the important thing. Shame i didn't get to see him on Tuesday, who ever i met was definitely very much more into the surgery side of things and not very interested in getting you back to living life again.
I now feel like i have things to look forward to and not feel on the scrap heap at 30!

Anne, i'm back to work Monday. You know who, has been well 'interesting' thoughout my 3months holiday, as she put it! Lol
I work part time, but, my G.p has put phased return on the form, so that i am excluded from doing holiday and sickness cover for a month. Which is a relief, as i can now look forward to going back in confidence i wont be overloaded.
I have definitely realised the importance of not comparing while recovering, it takes as long as it takes and a lot of hard work. I have been glad of my husband and my lovely family, couldn't have done it without them.

If i could do things over, i would have asked for physio sooner or paid to have some as it the lack of physio has held me back.13/14 weeks of no one seeing you is a long time.
But, now got go ahead to cycle and swim etc, i will feel fit in no time : )
 
Hi Cati,
I am so glad you are feeling better. The statement " When the muscles have recovered" speaks volumes. I think that is the hard part for many of us. I think it is normal for us to try to compare but , doing so isn't being fair or realistic because we are all different. While all of our journeys have brought us to a common place (joint replacement) the road each of us have taken getting there is different. So the time it takes our muscles to recover will vary. I am am battling that frustation myself but it will work out, I have to constantly remind myself that 3months in comparison to the years I suffered is not a long time.
 
Hi Cati
Running on a grassy field is rather different to pounding city streets, did whoever you saw understand that? Trainers sometimes withdraw horses from races if the going will not be soft enough for them. Just be careful not to put a foot in a rabbit hole!
I'm coming up to 5 months next week and still think my progress is too slow, we are all so impatient and want it NOW! :gaah: We forget how long it took most of us to get needing the new joint - and strangely (or mercifully), we forget the terrible pain we were in and whinge about aches as muscles get used again and other joints play up (mine is a shoulder after using elbow crutches).
nessiepie Don't you just love being able to say months instead of weeks? And it's great to look back at our earlier posts and realise that we are making progress even if it's slower than we like!
Best wishes to all
Anne
 
No, i gave up trying to explain! Lol but, he was very, very anti any form of running, no matter what surface or speed.
Swimming and some cycling was all he approved of!

I have no idea who he was to be honest. I had never met him before, not sure how these things work, i saw surgeon at initial consultation, pre op and a few times in hospital, Is it common for them to delegate first op checks? I will definitely make sure i see him next time.
I felt crushed leaving on Tuesday but I feel sooo much better since i have been given hope i can be one day again. :angel:
I am definitely seeing a difference now i have been given physio exercises and i have started on the exercise bike.
As i'm still having difficulty getting my sock on, will leave the swimming a while!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back
Top Bottom