- Joined
- Jun 26, 2017
- Messages
- 47,910
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
I'm sorry you're still struggling. I hope you find some relief through the pool therapy
you'll start this week.
I've read of many who've experienced Trochanteric Bursitis since I've been involved here.
Can't think of names off the top if my head. If you go to the SEARCH bar at the top of the page and type in Trochanteric Bursitis, the threads will pop up where it's been mentioned and you can read through some of them if you're interested.
You may have established some bad habits in protecting your hip as it was deteriorating. While we want instant results, sometimes it takes time. We normally hear it takes up to a year for a full recovery. I've also heard it can take up two, or even two and a half years, for some. So you're still in recovery, not yet fully recovered.
May it only get better for you! I hope you have a good week.
@MyJampa
you'll start this week.
I've read of many who've experienced Trochanteric Bursitis since I've been involved here.
Can't think of names off the top if my head. If you go to the SEARCH bar at the top of the page and type in Trochanteric Bursitis, the threads will pop up where it's been mentioned and you can read through some of them if you're interested.
You may have established some bad habits in protecting your hip as it was deteriorating. While we want instant results, sometimes it takes time. We normally hear it takes up to a year for a full recovery. I've also heard it can take up two, or even two and a half years, for some. So you're still in recovery, not yet fully recovered.
May it only get better for you! I hope you have a good week.
@MyJampa


You'll have extra time to devote to your health goals.
Any other suggestions for a natural anti-inflammatory besides the icing.
My therapist said that it takes time but she has had a number of people with post surgical hip pain who have worked their way through. Both my PT and natural path say that my glut is extremely week and not working well. The pool PT said that the pool is a great place to get the inner muscles strengthened.
She was such a sweetheart and dropped/picked me at the door, and walked me to the handicap bathroom during intermission. It was an amazing show and such a highlight for me during a time that I have been giving so much up...


I did have a beer before and after the musical on Sat.
My natural path suggested some high end hemp oil.


MyJampa