TKR 1 week post TKR I'm hurting!! *

I would dearly love to be able to remove my arms at night and put them back on in the morning. Trying to sleep on my side without having my arms go numb is a major hassle. Can we just go with the magnetic attachment like the Apple power cord?
 
Wow! I thought it was just my problem! During my recovery my hands would fall asleep through the night. Eventually it stopped.
 
@PolarBear60 I would kill just to be able to sleep on my side again! When I could, I did this thing with pillows, one behind my back to "lean against" (granted I was sleeping on a waterbed--I miss my waterbed!) and one in front to drape the top arm over. It worked.

Gilina
 
My dad and BFF had had their TKRs pushed down to get extension. I watched every move the therapist made, no one was going to push on my knee!

AMEN to that. Second day my PT used almost all his weight to get my extension to 0 degrees. I spend the entire weekend in bed suffering pain as a result. I know that set me back a week or more.
 
@saultlooser is right - it takes time and you need patience. I found the waiting/healing the first time around very depressing, frustrating and I secretly cried lots. This time I was prepared and it wasn't so bad.
I hope you are finding things a tad easier now and can see, slowly but surely, how much your knee is improving.
@jmdearras your PT sounds very mean. The thought of what he did makes me cringe!
 
You know if I hit someone and hurt them I would be arrested some PT hurt people despite seeing them in pain is that not also assault...

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I don't understand PT folks. I walk in there, 63 years old, and they give me some tiring exercise that I do 3 sets of 15 (why not 45?). I limp home. Two days later they see me and note I did 3 sets of 15 last time, so lets do 3 sets of 20! I no longer grow muscle that fast!! I don't know if I ever did.
 
@jmdearras I hear your pain!:snork: The "theory" of 3 sets of 15 is that you can "rest" between sets--personally I agree with you--call it 45 and be done with it!!
 
One set of 15 is more than enough!
You don't have to work hard at this recovery. Just a little (a very little) PT is enough.
 
Hopper, so nice to hear from you - our surgery dates for both knees were almost identical - lol.
As far as PT, this second time around I have a different PT and she started telling me how we would "force" the knee. I looked her straight in the eye and told her no way, I'm the boss and my knee is the boss. She was surprised but listened and things have been going well. This journey takes a lot of patience but is worth it at the end.
 
Hi all!

So 6 days ago my hubby and i went for our walk at the park and i was sitting on a bench resting.
I went to stand up and Heard and Felt a loud Pop in my right knee!!

To date my knee is pretty swollen and hurts to walk, limping, feels like something is catching and pulling inside my knee.
It hurts to lift my knee onto the bed.

I have a appt weds with the back up OS since my guy is on vacation.

Do any of you have any idea what may have happened when that pop happened?

Its been 5 days and no relief. I've been icing and elevating.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No idea, I've fallen twice since my TKR and was sore, but eventually everything went back to normal. Maybe a moderator will have some idea.
 
@shotzie63 I moved your thread about your injury to your existing recovery thread. Please keep all your recovery posts here so that we have a history in one place and can advise you. Thanks!
 
Shotzie,
You're doing all the right things, in resting, icing and elevating your leg, and in making an appointment to see a surgeon.

It's unlikely that you have done anything to harm the knee replacement itself, but you may have done a bit of soft tissue damage - in which case it will heal, given time and what you are doing now.
Are you taking some pain medication?
 
Hi Celle.

Went to see the OS yesterday. Took xrays and he didn't see any damage to the knee
Which is good!
He is concerned that i am in so much pain and limping badly. I can't put too much weight on my injured knee/leg.

He said he that there is obviously something wrong because it hurts badly to extend amd cannot bend the knee vary much..and doesn't know if i have an infection so they took labs, he ordered me a brace and wants to wait a month and go back for a follow up with the os that did the surgery.
If my knee remains the same..we'll go from there. Im taking pain meds
 
I'm sorry to hear that you are still having problems with your knee. I hope all your labs come back normal and your pain starts diminishing soon.:flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom