THR Rhiannon89's recovery thread

Your poor boy! Very sorry that has happened to him and you have this to worry about right now. It is just heartbreaking to see an animal hurt. I had a horse as a kid that took fright and tore his shoulder all up pretty bad on barbed wire. Horrible stuff! I hope he heals up well and your nerves settle down a bit. Feeling helpless is always the worst of it.

Beautiful pic. I hope he heals well, and hope all keeps getting better and better for you.
We don't need any crises when we are healing for sure. Unfortunately life doesn't stop so we just do what we gotta, right?
Hope today is an easy does it day for you.:ice:

Luckily i think we are now out of the woods and my horse is going to be fine :happydance:

My walking is improving every day and the 'bop' is getting less noticeable which is nice! Although yesterday i got up from the toilet and a very sharp pain went through my thigh, I made a lot of noise and my boyfriend came running! Luckily it appears to be muscular and after a good nights sleep it is much better today. I think that was my body telling me to chill out, I'm resting comfortably today (which is nice as it is miserable outside)

I also spoke to my surgeons secretary, she told me that he is moving to UCH and I just needed to ask my GP for a referral if i wanted to stick with him so that's exactly what I've done :) :-) (:

:ok:great to know.
Hope your buddy is healing well!
Keep the faith :fasthorse:

:hi: Happy One Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well since you last posted.
Wishing you a great week to come! :wave:
@Rhiannon89

Thank you @Layla !

Still doing well, very proud of my little metal hip today as I finally got in the swimming pool this morning :) Did lots of walking, some jogging and a few lengths swimming, it felt good!

Only problem I'm still having is with my knee, it's still very weak so I can't walk outside without my crutch as it just gives way. Very frustrating but I can see improvements in my gait every day, it's just taking it's time!

Also gone from sleeping very well to very badly as I get cramp in my whole leg all night, hoping this sorts itself out soon.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Happy Monday :wave: @Rhiannon89
Thanks for the update! It sounds like you're doing well.
After heavy activity, consider icing preventively, unless you've done the exact same before with no ill effect.
Another consideration - Magnesium...Look into it for the cramping and see what you think.

Magnesium supports the following:
Bone health
Healthy blood sugar
Cardiovascular health
Muscle relaxation and nerves
Promotes healthy sleep (falling asleep and staying asleep)

An article on Magnesium -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/magnesium-is-a-star.20301/

I've also heard of drinking 4-6 oz of Q-Tonic before bed which is a water that contains quinine.
Read the label as some of the waters do not contain quinine, but quinine flavoring instead.

I hope you continue to do well and have a wonderful week!

Nearly 6 weeks has flown by!

Today i went to the gym and then had a swim, I was feeling good until this afternoon when a spider walked across my legs and then i jumped up a bit TOO suddenly. No more sudden movements today! :heehee:

We had a beautiful weekend here, it was 25 degrees! New hip doesn't like garden furniture quite yet, I sat on a garden chair on Saturday and a bench on Sunday and it caused everything to seize up. I was fine after a walk around and a rest at home though :)

Hoping to go back to work next week for a couple of days. I run a bar but I plan on only doing a couple of day shifts where I can sit down in between pouring pints. A lot of my regulars knew what I was going to be off with so it will be good to catch up with them all. Planning a lot of strengthening exercise this week for my knee, If it would stop giving way I would be walking perfectly!

gym.jpg

I hope everyone else had a lovely easter!

Forgot to mention, I'm no further along with the left hip which is getting frustrating as now I'm not taking painkillers for the right the pain is there all the time.

I got my referral to UCLH, they sent me a letter for an appointment at a 'hip clinic' at the end of June, completely unnecessary as my surgeon doesn't need to see me again before he does my left hip. I contacted the appointments team and explained the situation and they sent me his new secretaries phone number, this would be great if she answered her phone! All I'm getting is a voicemail that says her mailbox is full :headbang:

You're doing great! Going back to work at 7 weeks post op is pretty ambitious. I completely understand that it's sometimes necessary. I hope you'll get the breaks you're counting on while at work, and can allow for extra rest at home at the end of each work day. :ice:

Cute photos, but now I need to say a "mom thing" cause I'm old enough to be your mama :heehee:
Please put that phone down when you're on that treadmill. You're making me nervous, sweetie :wink:
One wrong move and you could botch this whole thing Recovery biz.

It sounds like you may be tackling hip number two soon. Wishing you comfort as you wait that out...and continued healing as you move forward.
Hugs :friends:
@Rhiannon89

Sounds like you are doing great! I like your plan for returning to work and think it would be a great opportunity as a manager to observe while you take a break. With the way you have it planned it should work quite smoothly as long you stay very aware of any wet floors.

Hi Rhiannon :hi:
I hope you've had a nice week. You hit the Six Week point yesterday! :happydance:
I'll bet you're feeling pretty good.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
@Rhiannon89

@Layla isn't it crazy!! I feel like time is suddenly flying by!

Today I had a moment when I was in my horses field, he wouldn't come over so I had to go to him (he gets nervous when it's windy and it's VERY windy here right now!) And I just felt like nothing had happened... I wasn't in any pain, I wasn't walking strangely and I just felt like a normal human being for the first time since my op! It gave me so much hope :)

Yay for things getting better and better.
Just be mindful so we have no setbacks!
All worth the patience!
Hope today is a Good Day!

Sooo I may be experiencing my first set back!

Last night I was sitting in the bar, i went to get up and got my 'good' foot stuck on the bar stool (so the wooden bit where you rest your feet was blocking my ankle from moving) I then almost did the splits landing heavily on my right foot. I felt okay at the time (could it have been the wine!) but then hardly slept as the pain all down that leg was bad, I'm now struggling with pain down the front of my thigh, walking hurts and I'm just more uncomfortable than I've been in a while :( I've taken some painkillers and will continue to do so for the rest of the day, it's not an extreme pain but it's more than I've felt for a while and will be using my crutch for now I think and will ice when I'm home from work. Luckily I'm only in the office today!

Not really sure how it happened but I did think I had been a bit lucky with absolutely no falling whatsoever for nearly 7 weeks!

Ice and elevate. Falls can be very jarring. Take something for the pain if you need it. Hope this eases very soon!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Paintcrazy
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom