Recent content by zumbaGirl

  1. zumbaGirl

    MUA 5 Month Update..it's been a while

    Thank you everyone for all the support! I should have noted that I am not running the 5K, but walking it. I am not doing it for time or a medal, just on the team where I have had therapy at. I've been walking lately and so far so good. Yes, it hurts but I've come to realize that it's going to...
  2. zumbaGirl

    MUA 5 Month Update..it's been a while

    Thank you! I talked to my mom yesterday about the pain and how I haven't slept. She is starting to think that I am doing too much PT. I have been going for five months now and it''s a pretty rigorous routine. Now, I did do Zumba yesterday at home and it really didn't bother me.. I modified a...
  3. zumbaGirl

    MUA 5 Month Update..it's been a while

    Good morning everyone and thank you. I am glad to be back. I believe I am going to get a second opinion. Something just doesn't seem right with it and I wouldn't mind so much if other people haven't had had it done and are doing so well. I know I can't possibly compare myself to the rest and...
  4. zumbaGirl

    MUA 5 Month Update..it's been a while

    It has been a long time since I have posted in here. I have not forgot about you and would have been lost without all of you. I had my TKR done on May 9 2013 and honestly at this point in the game I would not do it again. 5 weeks out, I had to go back in for a MUA. It was the most god awful...
  5. zumbaGirl

    TKR 37 years old TKR 7 weeks today

    Hi! I am 39 years old and can relate. I think we tend to want things recovered quick and like yesterday lol.. I am a go go go type of girl. Before my TKR and MUA, I was working out, doing Zumba, running around with my little girl and now I am at a stand still. My TKR was May 9, 2013 and my MUA...
  6. zumbaGirl

    MUA zumbaGirl's knee

    Thank you :) It's been a while since I've had a chance to get online.. got a new phone and spent a week and a half watching my parents place for them. Had a wisdom tooth pulled on Monday. The one I've been complaining about since a month prior to surgery. Nobody wanted to listen to me and it was...
  7. zumbaGirl

    MUA zumbaGirl's knee

    Hi everyone.. Ok so it has been awhile since I have posted. Between having to change phones.. AGAIN and not being on the laptop, things have been crazy. I logged back in and couldn't figure out what was going on as my thread title changed, but then read the post. I just wanted to get on quick...
  8. zumbaGirl

    MUA zumbaGirl's knee

    Thank you and love the pic!! I can't upload from my phone for some reason but trying to get some on my camera. I'm a tad OCD about things and notice every little difference in things lol. I have to remember I am only shy of two months out.
  9. zumbaGirl

    MUA zumbaGirl's knee

    Also, Anyone??? Will my knee every look even remotely like my other one? I mean my right knee looks well normal and my left well, ya know, not so normal. trying to figure out how to take a dang picture and post here
  10. zumbaGirl

    MUA zumbaGirl's knee

    Well, since I hadn't heard whether to update here or a new thread on my MUA, I will update here. If it needs moved, please do so :) I arrived at 620am at the ASU and checked in and by 7 I was called back to begin the process. One of the nurses gave me my gown to change into and turned on my...
  11. zumbaGirl

    MUA zumbaGirl's knee

    Hi everyone.. Ok a little bit about yesterday.. My appt was at 1140am but I was there almost an hour early due to my daughters appt going quicker than expected. I don't think I got in till 1230, so the sitting and waiting was the worst with the knee not being able to bend fully. I ran into a...
  12. zumbaGirl

    MUA zumbaGirl's knee

    I am so glad your appt went well!!! That's great news:) I will write more when I get on laptop as I'm on my iPhone and its locking up when I type. I am having the MUA TOMORROW am!! He said its better to do early than wait and believes the outcome will be good. Much different approach than yours...
  13. zumbaGirl

    MUA zumbaGirl's knee

    Oh I am not disagreeing with anyone here by any means.. I am simply frustrated.. This knee hasn't bent right from the get go and maybe it's just me.. everyone heals different. My friend who had surgery same day is at 128.. all different bodies/recoveries. The bone breaking is just a risk...
  14. zumbaGirl

    TKR Athlete has a new left knee

    All I can say is wow!! I am almost 7 weeks out, my rom is stuck, swelling, sutures stabbing me from under skin, I move it swells up a bit. Good deal here is all I can say.
  15. zumbaGirl

    MUA zumbaGirl's knee

    Can someone tell me if all my questions I have go here or do you start a new thread for that? Like yesterday I had a quick question about this feeling I got all of a sudden. I didn't know if I should put here or start new.. any event nobody answered but I found out what it was at least... just...
Back
Top Bottom