Recent content by zinnia

  1. zinnia

    TKR Knee pain

    Hello Smithers. Somehow "normal" doesn't seem to fit the largeness of the condition. i just had a TKR on August 19th that was partially for a bone on bone knee but one that was badly arthritic with the knee pulling into the center into a knock kneed situation. This is on top of a THR gone bad...
  2. zinnia

    TKR surgery delayed

    Thank you all for commiserating. Bikeknit, it helps to know someone who has gone through this and made it work. I am looking at the first of the year, I think. Maybe between holidays. Meanwhile, the doctor has changed the collagen to an even stronger one to speed things up a bit. I have...
  3. zinnia

    TKR surgery delayed

    I am sorry to say that my right knee replacement has been cancelled. I dropped my computer on my lower leg and have an unacceptable wound that is being treated under the direction of Wound Care at my hospital. No stitches, but there is a wound about 2 inches long and about 1/4 inch deep in one...
  4. zinnia

    TKR Knock Knee

    Hi, I am having a TKR on my rt side October 2. I am 84 and had a rt hip replacement and 3 revisions following to correct it. Now arthritis has taken my knee inward and is fighting with the hip replacement. I hadn't heard about nerve damage possibility but I'm not surprised. They have to move so...
  5. zinnia

    TKR new to knee

    Thanks to Layla and Jaycey; nice to have you both back on my side. Good to meet you, Celle. Thank you for your welcome, My surgery is Oct. 2. I am mainly concerned about the pain following surgery. I've heard from others that it is bad. I'm not afraid of pain, been through quite a bit of it...
  6. zinnia

    TKR new to knee

    Hi All, First thread on the knee forum. I was on the hip forum for years with 4 surgeries to fix a very bad replacement, Now I have a misaligned knee on the same side which must be replaced so I can get back to walking with stability. Look forward to reading all your experiences.
  7. zinnia

    Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

    :eyebrows::snork:Hi @Mojo333, some how you must have seen me wandering around in these new grounds yesterday and today. Jaycey saved me with an address to reach my thread. I thought I had been deleted. I am just checking in after too long a time being away. The cruise was good but I got very...
  8. zinnia

    Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

    Thank you for the light show, @Mojo333; nice to come back to and to you and @Layla. The good news is we had a joyous Christmas with all my kids minus one grandson whom we missed greatly. My family gets on with each other so well and are attentive to me but not very attentive. That is, they do...
  9. zinnia

    Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

    Okay, now I know why I come back here. . .I stand corrected. Thank you, @Josephine, for bringing me back to reality. I was out there in the dumbs for awhile. I usually don't feel sorry for myself, but I did stoop down into the dumbs for awhile. I am back now and am glad to say that the hip is...
  10. zinnia

    Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

    @Josephine That's what I was afraid of. I was diagnosed with bursitis before, which now it is understood to have been misdiagnosed, since I had the second revision following. Are you saying that I have trochanteric bursitis? Or that you suspect it? What, then, do you suggest I do? Do you think...
  11. zinnia

    Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

    @Josephine Thank you for responding. I feel that you are correct, that I have done too much in too short a time. But I am not really exercising. I have stopped the nu-step. In fact, I only had a chance to do the 20 minutes twice before this all started. The exercise, I think was the walking...
  12. zinnia

    Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

    @Layla ODIC?? I can only think of over did it category. Thank you for such a thoughtful answer. I think you may be right about it. I did over do and I was exhausted. Still am tired actually. Even if it is a good day and I can walk unassisted I am so tired by the end of the day I can no longer...
  13. zinnia

    Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

    To @Layla and @Mojo333. Missed my sweet girls; I'm back and a little worse for wear. It's been a crazy time. I won't go into that because I have a question for you. I was doing so well. Beginning to walk up the street without the cane. Gerry went with me. This was before Cancun or...
  14. zinnia

    Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

    @prairienut I'm glad I checked in so I wouldn't miss your note. As far as the cup goes, if I remember clearly it is cemented. The surgeon did not remove it in April, but he did remove the liner. It already had ingrowth going on so he didn't want to disturb it and I am figuring that he didn't...
  15. zinnia

    Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

    Yikes, I realize I've said nothing about going to Cancun which we will be doing this coming Tuesday. We fly out at 5 something in the morning, lay over in Charlotte for a few hours and arrive Cancun in time for lunch. Never been to Cancun. We are going with friends who very generously sold us a...
Back
Top Bottom