TKR surgery delayed

zinnia

senior
Country
United States United States
I am sorry to say that my right knee replacement has been cancelled. I dropped my computer on my lower leg and have an unacceptable wound that is being treated under the direction of Wound Care at my hospital. No stitches, but there is a wound about 2 inches long and about 1/4 inch deep in one smaller place. The doctor says it has to be healed before surgery. Wound care figures about a month. I doubt he will put me on his calendar until enough healing takes place. I also am venous deficient in both legs but they found good heart beats in all places tested. I am disappointed but so it goes and heaven knows I know about that. The interesting thing is, they are using collagen packs which comes in a sheet as a dressing and it is already working. I will, of course, let you all know my new date when I get one. Meanwhile, I'll continue to study and follow those in post-op.

@zinnia I am so sorry to read this! But it sounds like your surgeon has your surgeon is acting in your best interests. Interesting about the collagen packs. Keep us updated - and hang in there!

Sending healing vibes for your leg. I hope it heals quickly and you get a new surgery date. Have a peaceful day.

Aww, Zinnia....I’m so sorry to hear about your accident and resulting injury. I’ll bet it’s discouraging, but better to be safe, rather than sorry. I’m sure you’re in good hands.
Sending a hug and wishes for comfort and speedy healing of your wound. The collagen packs sound interesting!
Stay in touch. :console2:
@zinnia

:hi:
Just reading of your cancellation.:sad:
Interesting about the collagen packs for wound care.
My sister has severe diabetes and has had wounds that have required many varied treatments from wound vacs to hyperbolic chambers.
Hope it is much better and you'll be approved soon.
Have a good weekend, my hippy pal.:flwrysmile:

It is certainly frustrating to get all ready for this surgery and then have to wait. I had 2 postponement, first for a health issue, then covid shutdowns in late March but here I am finally on the healing side. Hang in there.

Thank you all for commiserating.

Bikeknit, it helps to know someone who has gone through this and made it work. I am looking at the first of the year, I think. Maybe between holidays. Meanwhile, the doctor has changed the collagen to an even stronger one to speed things up a bit. I have circulation problems in both my legs so that slows healing down.

Please stay well and out of OVID-19's way, Everyone. Nasty stuff. Nice to be back with my ol' pals, Mojo333 and
Layla.

Hey Zinnia, sweet friend!
Always nice to see your (avatar) smiling face pop in for an update. I hope your wound heals soon so you can move forward and lose the pain you’re dealing with.
Sending a hug and wishes for your comfort and speedy healing. I hope you and hubby
have a relaxing weekend. :loveshwr:
@zinnia

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom