Recent content by Ziggysmom

  1. Ziggysmom

    TKR The Journey Continues

    Wow, it's been over a month since I reported on my recovery....so here goes... I just passed my 12 week anniversary touring the lovely city of Savannah, Georgia. We had never been there before, so did not know what to expect. We rented a cute little place two blocks from Forsyth Park. It had...
  2. Ziggysmom

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    @DogLoverx3, I don't blame you for feeling depressed about your knee. I think it's good you are seeing your OS at this time. I think @Chihuahuan offers good advice....write down your questions and write down the answers. I did that with my OS, and it helped me immensely, especially making...
  3. Ziggysmom

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    Wow, @DogLoverx3....congrats on the extension and flexion! Despite the swelling, you are definitely on your way to healing! If your swelling is now located mainly just above the front of the knee, I wonder if the soft tissues there are still inflamed and not yet healed. When I get out of a...
  4. Ziggysmom

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    @Bentley's Slave....@DogLoverx3 mentioned my pool workouts (and said some very nice things about me...she is so sweet!), so I thought I would share here. I have been released from PT, so am now working out almost exclusively in the pool as my recovery continues. I also do some exercising in...
  5. Ziggysmom

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    @Bentley's Slave...my knee started to cool down for the first time about 3 days ago...the heat means there is a lot of healing going on....don't forget, your knee went through a terrible trauma, even if it was done on purpose! I love the photo of Bentley's head on the bed....I wonder how long...
  6. Ziggysmom

    Aqua Therapy

    I have been in the pool for the past two weeks doing both water aerobics classes and my own exercises. I am at week 7. I have started slow. I have done both "deep water" and "regular" classes. In both, I do what I can...no jumping or anything that twists the leg. If it hurts, I stop. If I...
  7. Ziggysmom

    Pre-op visit, hyperventilated

    At long last your moment has arrived!! Good luck to you...we will all be waiting for your first post on the "other side!"
  8. Ziggysmom

    TKR The Journey Continues

    DogLoverx3, I do have one of those ball throwing thingies, and it gets a lot of use! Ziggy would retrieve that ball until he dropped if we let him...the problem is he usually chooses the oldest, most decrepit ball in the park (once he chooses, he won't play with any other ball), gets it all...
  9. Ziggysmom

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    I did a similar semi-squatting-while-going-sideways type exercise a couple of weeks ago and it swelled up my knee...that came off the PT list pretty quickly! The tight half band feeling might be the bottom end of the IT band. That is a long ligament that extends from the hip, outside the thigh...
  10. Ziggysmom

    TKR The Journey Continues

    Thanks, everyone, for your encouragement! My stiff knee improved overnight, and I feel much better today. It has even seemed to cool down somewhat (it's been feeling warm for weeks). I went to a water aerobics class this morning, did about half the exercises and did my own thing for half...
  11. Ziggysmom

    TKR The Journey Continues

    Yesterday I graduated from PT. It was bittersweet, with hugs all around. The therapist told me if I have any questions or wanted my leg stretched or massaged to not be a stranger...plus they can do 6 sessions with me without a prescription from a doctor. That was nice, because I felt a little...
  12. Ziggysmom

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    @Nana moon 27 I am so sorry to hear about the awful pain while at the party. Sudden pain like that is not uncommon. Until about a week ago, I had it off and on...it felt like someone was stabbing the inside of the joint with an ice pick, and it was hitting the nerve. It was an excruciating...
  13. Ziggysmom

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    Yup....been there...done that...I hope soon you will be able to get a decent night's sleep! I'm more interested in the commercials than the game, also, this year. However, they will have the best ones somewhere on the computer after the game...although I've already seen the Budweiser...
  14. Ziggysmom

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    Good morning, Ellen! (or is it?) I hate to say it, but I had the opposite kind of night last night...I slept right through...but, I wonder if that is going to be the norm from here on out, or was it just a blip...we shall see... Back before the tkr, I would go through periods of sleeping all...
  15. Ziggysmom

    TKR The Journey Continues

    For those of you who are in the very early stages of recovery and are now wondering why in the world you did this to yourself.... Yesterday, 6.5 weeks after my rtkr, was a miraculous day, as tkr recovery days go....first, I am tapering off my pain meds, taking only half a dose of...
Back
Top Bottom