Recent content by yxsops

  1. Y

    THR T+30 Hours and counting Vancouver...

    Hi Recovery going well. Two weeks into it and have ditched the walker. Did first outside walk yesterday and was very tired. Just wondering if I should still be on Tylenol Extra strength for occasional stiffness? And when we talk about "elevate" does that mean knee above the heart? Thanks.
  2. Y

    THR T+30 Hours and counting Vancouver...

    Mission control, we finally have lift-off. This time I made it into the OR...and saw the WMDs. I was offered spinal or "Say Good Night Gracie" Told if I did spinal I wouldn't feel anything for a couple of hours...I'll take that option Alec. Next thing I woke up and tried to wiggle my toes....all...
  3. Y

    Any Hippy Exercises (Pre-Op) Recommended?

    Hi Starlight, I decided I needed to loose some weight in preparation given the extra stain that is going to be put on my new joint is not beneficial. I'm not good at weighing this or that, nor watching points. My physiotherapist told me that all I have to do is watch what goes into the mouth. If...
  4. Y

    Trying to stay positive

    Hi, I know how you feel. I'm getting the twinges in the right and am watching a lot closer than I would normally have done.
  5. Y

    THR 9 weeks now

    Thanks Vida, I'm finding the stress has slowed the digestive tract down already. Prunes it is....I know I got a bottle of Prune cocktail for a 60th birthday gag gift. Little did I think that I'd have an actual use for it.
  6. Y

    THR 9 weeks now

    Vida, I'm having posterior incision....saw the pictures of that and I guess I can discount any further possibility of winning the Mr. Sexy Leg contest. I've spoken with Coastal Health and no one has said anything about physio...they just want to get me in first I guess. I've arranged with a...
  7. Y

    Scheduled for Feb. 27

    Thanks I'll check it out. I just read Joeski's experience. I'm hoping to be back at work as a pilot in 3 months but am seeing people still with canes 5 months out. What's usual?
  8. Y

    Scheduled for Feb. 27

    I've never been sick a day in my life and am checked regularly by physician for my job. I keep hoping that it will get better and that the pain will go away....in fact it has become less intense. It has got me into the gym at least and am losing weight. This can't possibly be happening to me...
  9. Y

    Scheduled for Feb. 27

    So Vida, How did it go? I got to within 10 minutes of the OR theater and walked away. Just too many unanswered questions and a lot of hostility on my part. I'm going to have a second go at it this coming Wednesday, Apr 3 at UBC. I took your advice and checked out my OS. At least that worry...
  10. Y

    Scheduled for Feb. 27

    The same back to you designergirl!
  11. Y

    Scheduled for Feb. 27

    Unfortunately nothing to decide...no one got back to me. Physio told me just do it because her husband went that route and never looked back. So be it.
  12. Y

    Any Hippy Exercises (Pre-Op) Recommended?

    OK, Just wondering if anyone is doing exercises to get ready. Any suggestions...walking? Stationary Bike? Leg Raises? Is it worth is for 3 weeks?
  13. Y

    February Valentines 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In February?

    Cindy B, I know exactly how you feel.
  14. Y

    Scheduled for Feb. 27

    I'm new to the forum and am scheduled for THR on Feb. 27. Living in Canada, I expected to wait 8-9 months for surgery but surprisingly it will only be 6 weeks. Four months ago, I had no trouble with my hip and having read the literature that the Fraser Health Authority sent to me. From that...
Back
Top Bottom