Recent content by winemama

  1. winemama

    TKR 6 months post op

    I am 7 months on one knee, and 10 on the other. The 10 is doing great, the 7 one, they straightened my leg and the muscles around my knee and down my calf and around the ankle hurt like hell. I was 3 months before I could do PT because of the swelling behind my knee, and the pain. Even today...
  2. winemama

    TKR 2 new knees, 3 months apart oy vey

    We are on the last leg of our trip we are in the beautiful city of Riga Latvia The knees are holding up well, getting 10,000-12,000 steps a day. One day I topped out at 16,489. The problem are the cobblestones, they are brutal, not hurting the knees, but the muscles in my legs ache by the end...
  3. winemama

    TKR 2 new knees, 3 months apart oy vey

    Just an add on, my wife has noticed my gate being off, on my left side. Said I was throwing my left leg out. When I get back in 2 weeks, I’ll head back to PT, want to get this fixed
  4. winemama

    TKR 2 new knees, 3 months apart oy vey

    Hello from Lithuania Thought I’d bring everyone up to date on how the knees are holding up with traveling Wore compression socks on the flight, helped a lot. We walked a lot, on cobblestone and brick and the knees were excellent, no pain or soreness. On the days we had 10 hour tours, I wore...
  5. winemama

    TKR luvcats recovery box

    Hey @luvcats I stop in and lurk around. Sounds like you are doing ok I know having 2 knees done is brutal I’m doing ok. I’m at almost 6 months and 9 months. Surprisingly 9 months is stiffer at times then 6 mo but the muscles in the 6 mo old still are tender down my calf and ankle I can see...
  6. winemama

    TKR 2 new knees, 3 months apart oy vey

    @Jockette , I’m looking for some advice on my last post I have a stretchy knee braces, do you think I need to wear them on the long flights? I will be wearing compression socks. I’m taking the knee braces with me. Should I wear them if my knees start misbehaving?
  7. winemama

    TKR 2 new knees, 3 months apart oy vey

    Just checking in, we are at 5 and 8 months with the TKR 95% of the time all is well, what I am having problems with is slight swelling in the 8mo old, and the muscles in both knees are sore at the top of the knee, leading to the thigh, especially walking down the stairs The 5 mo old is doing...
  8. winemama

    TKR 2 new knees, 3 months apart oy vey

    You will, I cannot believe what I am doing now, at the end of September we are leaving for the first of 2 bucket list vacation’s and I’m not the least bit worried about traveling and touring
  9. winemama

    TKR 2 new knees, 3 months apart oy vey

    How are you @Benay
  10. winemama

    TKR 2 new knees, 3 months apart oy vey

    Helloooooo just checking in. 7.5 and 4.5 months since TKR. Things are going well, my wife has some sort of tendon thing going on in her foot, so she is wearing a boot, so I am doing all the driving. This has made the 7.5 knee swell a bit, no pain, but enough I can feel it I still ice and rest...
  11. winemama

    TKR 2 new knees, 3 months apart oy vey

    @marieltha thanks for the FYI, at 3 years, my motor broke in my CPAP, got it fixed, and now it runs so quite, I hate to get a new one I will post after my trip,
  12. winemama

    TKR 2 new knees, 3 months apart oy vey

    Sorry I have not been around, busy planning our trip to the Baltic in Oct. 6.5 old knee still swells a bit, I have been icing her. The other day I was walking, and I realized I had a cool swagger in my step, felt good I do believe I’m coming to the end of my blogging on BS, life is happening...
  13. winemama

    TKR FitGal’s Recovery

    I had allergic reaction to the internal stitches, got a rash on 1/2 of my leg week one, went to Dermatologist ASAP. A steroid cream. It happens. Told my OS, when he did the second knee, used different thread.
  14. winemama

    TKR Waking up screaming

    @eaglemom i too found a weighted blanket helped, I have a 20 lb one, the weight never bothered my knee, and kept me from moving around @hotjam I’m so sorry you went through that pain with your PT. Be your own advocate, when it doesn’t feel right, don’t be afraid to say STOP. Good luck
  15. winemama

    Second TKR

    You’ll do fine, remember you are your own advocate, keep up with your meds, and follow Bone Smart
Back
Top Bottom