Recent content by wilsonma

  1. wilsonma

    TKR Misaligned leg after TKR

    I don't think no hope-because of the cementless. I am just not sure how revisions are done for cementless. I also think most surgeons don't want to get involved in other surgeon's mistakes.
  2. wilsonma

    TKR Misaligned leg after TKR

    I am sorry to hear of your terrible outcome. My guy is Dr John Harrington from Brampton. He is amazing but not sure if he would get involved in your case. He told me years ago, with my cemented knee, if I needed a revision, it would be no problem. If I am correct in thinking that the bone grows...
  3. wilsonma

    TKR Recovery from September 1st TKR - 2nd knee.

    An update on cementless v cemented knee replacement. My cementless has had a longer rehab time v the cemented. I was able to play pickleball early, but that doesn't require running. With my cementless, I only felt comfortable running after 8 months. I only needed 3 months for the cemented. I...
  4. wilsonma

    TKR Recovery from September 1st TKR - 2nd knee.

    Excellent! you are all up at the NVZ, so you obviously are good players. As I am trying to move up, I now play some dinking only games and games where we all agree to "third shot drop" every time. I think this has helped. I just came in from 2 hrs at the local community centre. Keep going and...
  5. wilsonma

    TKR 40 years old MAKO Cementless TKR

    I came on to give you some reassurance but felt that myself after reading some of the Admin posts above. My knees were damaged from many years of aggressive soccer. My surgeon is great but I think gets a little frustrated when people complain about "clicking". (I overheard that a couple of...
  6. wilsonma

    TKR Nekocarlo's Pre-op Thread

    My first TKR was cemented and my 6 month old knee is cementless. I didn't have a choice on my latest as my Canadian surgeon said that was his way of doing things now. It was also robot assisted. I think my cementless TKR had a little bit longer recovery time but hopefully the outcome will be as...
  7. wilsonma

    TKR Robotic Arm Assisted TKR 30 Oct 2023

    I am 6 1/2 months out and had a Robotic assisted TKR. The surgeon explained the robot facilitated more precise cuts and less of them. This is my second TKR, the first was cemented and this one was cementless. I think the healing on this one took a bit longer than the first. I had pain for quite...
  8. wilsonma

    TKR Recovery from September 1st TKR - 2nd knee.

    I went a bit overboard with Pickleball, resulting in some swelling and pain. I then realized I had played 7 x 2 hour sessions in the week, with 1 day being 4 hours. There should be government warnings that PB is addictive. I cut back to 5 sessions and no more 4 hour play. I also used a knee...
  9. wilsonma

    TKR Recovery from September 1st TKR - 2nd knee.

    I have never used a PT. Do it yourself the Bonesmart way. If it hurts- stop! Rest it ,but then get back moving asap. Everyday movements are key.
  10. wilsonma

    TKR Recovery from September 1st TKR - 2nd knee.

    Its 5 months out and I am back to Squats. I am taking it slowly and stayed at 140 on a Smith machine. I also played Pickleball for 4 hours on Friday, at a pretty decent level. I intend to push a bit harder now, in order to get back to regular soccer games. I only have the tiniest bit of...
  11. wilsonma

    TKR Recovery from September 1st TKR - 2nd knee.

    Of course- luck and more luck! We are certainly alike in this journey. I had my right knee replaced 5 years ago- that one was cemented. This left knee was robot assisted and cementless. I have read that cementless might take a bit longer for rehab. I am 5 months out and I think a little behind...
  12. wilsonma

    TKR Cementless tkr

    I had a cementless TKR on Sep 1/23. My other knee was cemented, 5 years ago. My recovery has been great- no issues at all. I am now getting ready to get back to Squats. DDay is Monday and I will probably start with just bodyweight, but feel I should progress quickly.
  13. wilsonma

    TKR Recovery from September 1st TKR - 2nd knee.

    Thanks! I really think that Pickleball could be the "go to" for any Bonesmarties wanting to get active. When I started, i was very limited in movement and could still play. I have since progressed as my mobility has increased. Anyway, same to you and yours. Happy New year!
  14. wilsonma

    TKR Recovery from September 1st TKR - 2nd knee.

    Thanks a million! You too- have a great 2024.
  15. wilsonma

    TKR Recovery from September 1st TKR - 2nd knee.

    Four months out and I played indoor soccer today. To be fair, I didnt run much, but it felt good to be back out there. This is the reason I got the TKR, so I am progressing well. I play again next week and will run a little bit more then. For anyone that wants to be a bit more active, while...
Back
Top Bottom